Discuss Titan Products? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Razzmond

Has anyone used any of the Titan tools they sell in screwfix?

Entertaining the idea of getting an SDS and impact driver but not sure how good they are as they're quite cheap compared to other brands.

Reviews are good but not sure who's used them and for what purpose etc

you get what you pay for. ni-cads. yuk. go for the makita. twice the price but 3 times better.

Just remember a lot of people doing the revues will be DIY'S, and screw fix is a some where a lot of DIY'S go, so spend a lot more get a drill that will last you years and in long run you will save money

Don't necessarily mind getting 230, but we go to places that don't always have a readily available supply (As I'm sure most of you do) so I'm thinking cordless is better.

Don't necessarily mind getting 230, but we go to places that don't always have a readily available supply (As I'm sure most of you do) so I'm thinking cordless is better.
Do Not Buy 230 for site use.

you will not be allowed to use it.

either 110 or battery only on sites now.

because of how they work you can only get a 55v shock of 110 tools instead of 230 from mains powered tools

edit.

after tels comment I forgot to mention this is down to earth

Last edited:
no, you can get 110V across you if you touch both lines. it's only 55V to earth.

Has anyone used any of the Titan tools they sell in screwfix?

Entertaining the idea of getting an SDS and impact driver but not sure how good they are as they're quite cheap compared to other brands.

Reviews are good but not sure who's used them and for what purpose etc

I brought a Titan 4 years ago as a starter drill as didn't have the money to burn.
It has served me well, not recommended but I have used it with 4" and 6" cores without any problems.

Yes. Got a small mains drill I use for flat bits through joists, 5 inch grinder and I think it's a 4kg sds

All served me well and get some real hammer. Sds gets daily hammering chiseling out walls with no probs

Sure they come with a 3 year warranty as well

I brought a Titan 4 years ago as a starter drill as didn't have the money to burn.
It has served me well, not recommended but I have used it with 4" and 6" cores without any problems.

I got given one in replacement for a wickes one that I lent a builder about 6 years ago I think. The wickes one was better and cheaper if I remember right. It's used as a 'get me out the Mr Magoo' or a 'well if it breaks no worries' tool and I'll lend it to those that say 'have you got?' It's still going although it takes a while for the hammer action to loosen up. Never serviced it apart from putting supplied grease in a couple of times. I've cored with it, it's a bit heavy and 240 so no good on sites. On it's last legs so will probably get another soon.

Regarding impact driver, you can get bare 10.8 Dewalt for ÂŁ33 inc. (mine died after 18mths use) and probably aftermarket batteries/(charger(2nd hand) for not alot. I find it fine for Electrical work.

Do Not Buy 230 for site use.

you will not be allowed to use it.

either 110 or battery only on sites now.

because of how they work you can only get a 55v shock of 110 tools instead of 230 from mains powered tools

edit.

after tels comment I forgot to mention this is down to earth

Do you mean on a building site or do you mean anywhere?

The guy I usually work with has said there isnt any point getting an SDS yet as he has one and theres never any situation where we both need to use one all day.

An impact driver is what Im most interested in. Given Jays comment I think Ill check Wickes out as well.

I bought this God forsaken Bosch Power4All SDS Quick Drill the other day from Amazon Warehouse on offer.

Thought "What a bargain, and its smaller then the big ones so it will do fine for the work I do"

Ive never felt more disappointed in my life. SDS quick only seem to have about 4 drill bits you can buy for it and the power leaves so much to be desired.

Thats what I get for not researching more!

The guy I usually work with has said there isnt any point getting an SDS yet as he has one and theres never any situation where we both need to use one all day.

An impact driver is what Im most interested in. Given Jays comment I think Ill check Wickes out as well.

I bought this God forsaken Bosch Power4All SDS Quick Drill the other day from Amazon Warehouse on offer.

Thought "What a bargain, and its smaller then the big ones so it will do fine for the work I do"

Ive never felt more disappointed in my life. SDS quick only seem to have about 4 drill bits you can buy for it and the power leaves so much to be desired.

Thats what I get for not researching more!

I can't comment on Wickes tools now, that was years ago! If you want hassle free purchase, buy local at screwfix, tool..... or other as, if you're unhappy or it doesn't last, it's easier to exchange.

Reply to Titan Products? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net