Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Toolbox Guide in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Bromd123

Bromd123 Electrician's Arms

Right!
    I've just been given a shed load (litterally) of hand tools from my uncle, i have about 12 toolboxes full of hand tools.

i have sepperated out all the pyro gear and swa stuff what i want to do is put a general toolbox together, ive got a 36" stanley toolbox for the job but need to know what to put in it. What I am looking for is one box that will handle the most jobs so that i don't have to lug 2 or 3 about at once

Thanks in advance

2. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

It depends on the type of work you carryou
    If it is comerial/ industrial
    set of insuklated screwdrivers
    side cutter
    plyers
    2 sets of grips
    square
    hacksaw
    claw hammer
    tape measure
    sds chuck
    pencil/ marker pen
    spirit level
    Pad saw
    mains tester
    multi meter

if you are going to be doing house bashing I would include

Bolster
    club hammer
    floorboard saw (circular saw)

volt sticks are useful but remembger they can break and use them with caustion

other than this you will need drills etc

basically it is a case of trial and error

I keep the abovr in the van, but usually just walk in with the basic "Knife, fork and spoon"

I'm affraid it comes down to experience

Richard

3. Bromd123

Bromd123 Electrician's Arms

Thanks Richard i appreciate it!