Discuss Training options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robjgriff

Hi

I'm sure you must get this sort of post all the time and thanks to Guitarist for offering advice. Sadly I can't send personal messages as yet so can't respond.

I was an electrical apprentice as a youngster and have done lots of simple housewiring over the years. I certainly need to top up my electrical skills, learn how to test and get up to speed on regs etc
It is clear that I need to become a member of a professional body.

Can anyone advise me on the best route? Should I speak to one of the bodies first?
I am worried about paying circa 2K to attend a 17day course which promises the world!

Any advice from people in the know would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Rob

Hi

Thanks for the responses.

I did a ONC and HNC in elec engineering and have taught a bit of physics myself. No stranger to ohms law etc.

I'm leaving my current job as a full time teacher at Christmas and will be working part time as a teacher. I'd like to slowly build up a small local elecrical buisness just doing day to day house wiring etc.

I will look into the 17th edition courses at college.

Are these 4 week intensive courses any use? They are around £1700.
Don't really wish to waste my money if they are not really useful in getting me up to speed again and qualified.

Thanks for the advice so far
Rob

The amount of times ive had to explain to people that you can't become an electrician in a month must be in 3figures. Do these people think i woulda spent 3years at college + many more years hands on experience if you could do it and be fully competent in a month haha.

Reply to Training options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

NORWEB had an electrical training centre in Chorley, Little Carr lane known as the Daniel Training Ctr. I understand it was built in the 1970's...
Replies
Views
Anyone ever took part in any of the virtual classroom training sold by the NICEIC? Interested in learning more about fire alarm systems and...
Replies
Views
having started the journey of training for the sparky trade, (but yet to attend classes) what's the best advice for someone who has no experience...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a Danfoss FC51 vfd. When I go to the menu 1-20, only appears the options from 8 to 11, which corresponds to a 1.1kW to 3kW. I have...
Replies
Views
I've seen a lot of people on here addressing the online qualifications for access training but not talking about the Apprenticeship aspect. I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock