Currently reading:
Try and figure this one out!!!

Discuss Try and figure this one out!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Im at the fuse board and there is a fault with one of the lighting circuits. Cut a long story short when the Live is in the breaker the neutral becomes live aswell.
So I presume its a short circuit, I isolate the power and test continuity between Live a Neutral (My tester is calibrated and I tested on a known source before hand) but there is no continuity between the two!!??
Has anyone.... I mean anyone!!! Got an explanation for this?

y are you asking me this ?

i didnt start this thread

Confusion begins
icon7.png

Cross eyed judge to 3 cross eyed defendants
"No1 how do you plead"?
"Not guilty" said No2
"I didn't ask you" says the Judge ?
"I said nothing" said No 3

Post 33, I saw the comment "Not been back" and thought it was the O.P, didn't notice you'd posted it. Thought that might have been obvious.

What thelondonway was saying is that he hasn't been back to one of his clients that hasn't got lights. Not the best way to treat customers, one has to assume hes moonlighting

If the neutral for the lighting circuit is removed from the board and then indicates live then there are only 2 real reasons for this.Either there is a light switched on or there is some other device on the circuit using power,eg smoke alarm or burglar alarm,but it beats me why the op would be doing what he is doing!

excuse me the client is out of the country and isnt back until saturday 11pm ,
point your insults elsewhere

Matey, this is sooooooo basic its untrue.

Disconnect at cu and do simple dead tests using your MFT. YOU have done little or nothing to demonstrate you have done this or understand the reasoning for doing it so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for ..........

As my signature bar says we are not mind readers and give as much information as possible - over to you.

If the neutral for the lighting circuit is removed from the board and then indicates live then there are only 2 real reasons for this.Either there is a light switched on or there is some other device on the circuit using power,eg smoke alarm or burglar alarm,but it beats me why the op would be doing what he is doing!

He obviously doesn't want to live much longer.

Matey, this is sooooooo basic its untrue.

Disconnect at cu and do simple dead tests using your MFT. YOU have done little or nothing to demonstrate you have done this or understand the reasoning for doing it so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for ..........

As my signature bar says we are not mind readers and give as much information as possible - over to you.

matey get a grip n **** off

Reply to Try and figure this one out!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back