Discuss Trying to source smoke alarms in Scotland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to source some smoke alarms that are compliant to new Scottish regs. I've picked up some Fire Angel units st230 & ht230. Ideally I'd like to pick up a wireless version of each that I can interlink with the mains units, but I can't find stock anywhere.

Any sources out there, or even any alternative brands that I can source? I'm installing into 2 properties that I can hard wire between units but I need to go wireless with a couple due to difficulty running cables.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Definitely been a problem for some time now. I have a squillion pounds of orders, and after 6 weeks I still await some. They have my money, I have no alarms.
My latest job texted me to say a local chap had come along and sorted out their smokes/heats/COs within 24 hours, so that's another lost job...and that will lead to another lost job because the two are family linked. I suspect cheapo alarms with PP3 batteries...and a white van man who will not be traceable in the event of failure. Sadly, that's going to be common practice, yet lives are at risk and folks are being conned.
Honestly, I just can't be bothered any more. I have one big job due, he keeps asking when, and I will install for him as soon as I have stock, but I feel I am losing credibility by telling him I am still awaiting units. I have spent quite a sum on extra units which I know I will be able to use eventually, but which are extra over and above the jobs I have on the books, but there's a limit to how much I will outlay in advance.
Slight diversion, but I went to the bank today and withdrew a reasonably large wad of cash. I feel much more comfortable knowing I have cash to pay for food and fuel if the banking system goes haywire due to the Ukrainian situation. I have also called up my online banking system and taken a screenshot of my accounts, and will do this every day until there is some resolution to this war.
I have also ordered enough wine to top up my cellar, just in case!

I can get battery smokes but not Heat detectors. (aico)

I think it's just a case of waiting for stock levels to recover.

It's a bit annoying as AICO mail shotted everyone in Scotland twice and have run out of detectors.....

Reply to Trying to source smoke alarms in Scotland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net