Discuss two houses into one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all. customer is converting two houses into one. one half already modernised and rewired, other half to do. there is two supplies into the property but wants the dno to cut one off and use the supply from the modernised side with a new consumer next to the original, so basically two consumer units one for the existing modernised side and one for the rewired side feed from one 100amp supply via two henley blocks. i can,t see any problems with that other then there will be two showers rated at 10.5 kw a piece. unlikely to be used at the same so all in all should be fine.
any thoughts as to anything else to consider as to dno requirements? other then that it just seems as if it were a partial rewire to a large house.
many thanks for any input received.
Daz...

Not really, seems pretty straightforward to me. It might have been easier to wire the whole lot in one go, but just work with what you have and you'll be fine.

You do know that IF those showers were used at the same time, they'd be drawing about 90 amps? What you gonna put as you max demand?

My only thought would be to possibly run a sub main to a consumer unit located in the side you are rewiring. It may be more cost and time effective and cause less mess in the already modernised side of the property

What are these two properties that are to be converted in to one property, 2 or 3 bedroom semi's??

Why not break into some of the existing circuits, like the upstairs ring to supply the additional bedrooms, same with the upstairs lighting circuit if wired in 1.5mm T&E. Neither of these circuits are going to be subject to any real loading anyway!!

Certainly doesn't warrant a sub-main and a separate remote CU, not exactly going to end-up as a mansion is it!! lol!!

We done a total refurb on a big property in the past and the chap wanted two 10kw showers running the same time! The electric supplier came and fitted two supply's!! Why not just keep the two supplies and ccu's??

Reply to two houses into one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net