Currently reading:
two radials on 16 a mcb

Discuss two radials on 16 a mcb in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Also said on the last report these radials where rings
So on the last report on the system they would of had the r1 r2 rn
As far as I can read these rings have been broken and places on 16A breaker
So what was once two rings have become four radials over two circuits

to clarify. each 16A MCB has 1 radial circuit consisting of 2 branches.

to clarify. each 16A MCB has 1 radial circuit consisting of 2 branches.

So OP:

Step 1 - locate the sockets / outlets on "both" branches.

Step 2 - I & T each branch

Step 3 - record the higher readings however if, for example 1 leg is short and has low IR and the other is long and has good IR I would be inclined to record both sets of readings on the schedule of inspections..... and add a note in the inspection comments section.

So OP:

Step 1 - locate the sockets / outlets on "both" branches.

Step 2 - I & T each branch

Step 3 - record the higher readings however if, for example 1 leg is short and has low IR and the other is long and has good IR I would be inclined to record both sets of readings on the schedule of inspections..... and add a note in the inspection comments section.

At last, a straightforward answer to (an initially befuddled) question.
Truth is, I've come across many electricians who don't know exactly how best to test & record such a scenario, so let's not be too hard on the OP. And yes, electricians mixing up their r1 & R1 etc, gets me too!

At last, a straightforward answer to (an initially befuddled) question.
Truth is, I've come across many electricians who don't know exactly how best to test & record such a scenario, so let's not be too hard on the OP. And yes, electricians mixing up their r1 & R1 etc, gets me too!
some guys just don't know their arse (r's ) from their elbows.

Trying to get this thread back on topic:- You can not have have 2 circuits from the same OCPD. You can have one radial socket circuit with a spur from the MCB if feeding only one point!

Discuss?

Trying to get this thread back on topic:- You can not have have 2 circuits from the same OCPD. You can have one radial socket circuit with a spur from the MCB if feeding only one point!

Discuss?
no, you can have unlimited branches. it's only that you can have 1 unfused outlet from a RFC, tapped off at theOCPD.

no, you can have unlimited branches. it's only that you can have 1 unfused outlet from a RFC, tapped off at theOCPD.

Branching off a radial is fine from a socket. Branching from a MCB?...... I was thinking along the lines of separation of circuits but at the end of the day, if it was a RFC in the first place it would serve the same floor/area so no difference really.

But remove the RFC leaving the 2.5mm radial with one double outlet on the 32A MCB and it suddenly becomes dangerous and against the regs, much in the same way that an insulated consumer unit will inevitably catch on fire now it's not to regulations.

Reply to two radials on 16 a mcb in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back