Discuss Two Voltage/CCurrent Values on Motor in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pprendeville

Motor Tags.doc - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Got a few queries about the info on the motor tagsin the pics in the attachment.
In the first one in the Voltage box, it has 220 Delta and 380 Star. Does this mean that when the motor is running in delta config, the voltage will be 220 and when it starts up initially in Star it will draw 380V? Similarly in the current box it has 2.1A and 1.2A. Same again?
Same story with the rest? Our instructor didn’t have time to explain to us last time out. He did mention something about one of the values having something to do with a US voltage/current. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

It sounds like (without checkig the link) you've got a dual voltage motor, the windings are only rated at 220v each so if you supply 3ph 220v (as in America) you would have to configure it into delta as only one winding exists between 2 phases at any point but in star you connect 400v as 2 windings seperate any two phases.

Last edited:

Reply to Two Voltage/CCurrent Values on Motor in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

HiForum Thisall came about as I am looking to use a 3 phase motor with variablefrequency drive/VFD and started to get confused with 3...
Replies
Views
Ive had a amusing days fault finding today, Found several faults but have come out of it asking more questions than I have answers. So Me and a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am now working in a industrial environment as an Electrician having spent the majority in a domestic or commercial environment, I...
Replies
Views
vaughant
V
B
Hi All, Here is the scenario that I have. 3 Phase, 690 Volt Motor (Delta), 560 kW and started by a star-delta starter. So the motor is connected...
Replies
Views
Dickylad
D
K
One thing before testing a motor is check the mechanical loading. I’ve had many an argument with fitters who insist the gearbox or what ever is...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock