Discuss Unpaid wages from PowerPeople in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I accepted a job on Faslane base being informed that it would be 4x12 hour shift and 4 days off with the choice of overtime on top if I wished. After discussion with my supervisor and other electricians it was made clear to me that there would be no opportunity for overtime in the near future.
After hearing this i had a time sheet signed and countersigned by myself. Any advise on what my next move should be.

Correspondence from PowerPeople below.
Hi Maria

I am now almost week overdue being paid for my hours for Faslane. I understand that you might not have been paid from them but that is for you do sort out, but I am entitled to be paid regardless. Could you please have my outstanding 16 hours paid in to my bank account which I have given you previously. I have attached the official government statement on such.

Regards William.

(Mark Kennedy)
Hi William,

Thank you for your email received by Maria this morning. In line with the government guidelines you kindly sent across:

‘’ You’re entitled to the National Minimum Wage for all the hours you work, even if you have not recorded them on a timesheet.

In the absence of any signed timesheet from Babcock, SMS have met the cost of your hours to comply with the ruling.

The funds will be in your account tomorrow as requested.

We regard the matter as closed

regards

I should have attached the rates as below and mention that only 36 hours would be made available.(I would have been in the higher bracket due to distance travelled)

Hi William,

How the client explained it to me is, the travelling standard rate included an uplift of £3.03 and the overtime rate does not have an uplift for travel, so the rate for local guys and travelling guys would be the same for overtime, does that make sense? I have included a breakdown below that should illustrate what I mean.

Rates for the first 37 hours worked per week:

Local rate (standard) - £26.78

Travelling rate (standard) - £29.81

Then other rates are the same for both:

O/T Mon – Fri - £28.30

Sat/Sun/Early &back - £32.34

Nights - £30.32

Also you can go CIS with us.

If you need anything else let me know.

Kind Regards,

The suggestion from Mark Kennedy seems to be that they haven't had a signed timesheet from Babcock but SMS have paid minimum wage for now?

How many hours have you worked and not been paid for?
Are you still working there?
Where does the 16hrs come from?
How often were you due to be paid and what was the first payday in relation to when you started, was it after 4 days, 8 days, monthly or ?

The suggestion from Mark Kennedy seems to be that they haven't had a signed timesheet from Babcock but SMS have paid minimum wage for now?

How many hours have you worked and not been paid for?
Are you still working there?
Where does the 16hrs come from?
How often were you due to be paid and what was the first payday in relation to when you started, was it after 4 days, 8 days, monthly or ?
No I'm not working there now first day they screwed up and never informed security that I would be joining..They promised to pay a full shift to me and to return next day..o returned and a few workers in the department told me that hours had been fixed at 36 per week as guys on the books didn't want to work overtime.Therwfore I worked 16.hours and the email I've posted is asking for to be paid. The other one from Mark is stating that I was only due minimum wages and it is clear that the rate forwarded to me is much more even though he stated that they considered the case closed..I am sure that I am due the difference not paid plus 8% as HMRC state..I thought I should make others wary before considering as similar offer.

Reply to Unpaid wages from PowerPeople in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net