Discuss Van racking examples/inspiration in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

WillWX

-
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this..

But I’m after ideas of how to organise the back of my van, I’m hitting a point where I could do with organising it a little better. I just don’t want to rack it all out and then be unhappy with it..

Does anyone have any photos of how you’re van is organised for inspiration?

Thanks in advance :)

mine. built racking from materials salvaged from skips, except for the 6mm ply. had to buy that. 2 day's worth of beer money gone.

van rack.jpg

Since looking at your pic, I found an offcut of LED strip, have been out and fitted it, what a difference, why didn’t I think of this before. Going to pick 2 meters up next week and replace original lights with 2 strips. Thanks :cool:

Also, your racking is decent given it was sourced from a skip!! I’d love to have that much floor space. I carry quite a few reels of cable so having some sort of racking would make a hell of a difference for me. A couple of full rubbish bags and I start to get annoyed with it at the minute, ha.

I love that stripey rug - almost looks like the Germans got there first and laid claim to the van floor (apologies to any Germans reading the forum - that’s just a general apology and not referring to my hurtful words)

I love that stripey rug - almost looks like the Germans got there first and laid claim to the van floor (apologies to any Germans reading the forum - that’s just a general apology and not referring to my hurtful words)
I had a rug like that it got nicked in a break in back in 1988 when Liverpool played QPR.....

the only thing missing from Tele's van is a deck chair and cans of beers .

Back in the 90's I drove a Sherpa box van as an installer for BT.

One of the things I liked about the rear box of the van was that the 2 sets of ladders were carried internally in a completely boxed off section that was accessible from a separate small door at the rear. One of the guys had even modified this section to hold his step ladders as well...

I also thought carrying the ladders like that was much better than on latter vans where they were on the roof.

Stored internally, they were a bit more secure against theft, and it was easier to slide the ladders in and out rather than having to wrestle them off a roof rack as on later vans we used...

Reply to Van racking examples/inspiration in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net