Discuss Velux windows 1st fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bigspark17

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys. On a 1st fix and last min before closing up customer has decided on electric velux windows, how do you wire up for these? Is it a 3amp supply to "open/close" switch then 3c & earth up to windows? If remote control do you just drop a 3amp supply up to the window?
Appreachiate any help

Think it depends on model, but I just looked at Velux, the Integra installation instructions show a mains cable going to the window, and then control is done via a remote pad.

You're gonna have to get model information and lookup the install instructions on Velux I think.

The last ones I did were remote control just need a 3 amp supply as you say.
The come with a plug top on about a meter of flex, I tested them with extension lead then cut plug top off (it's still covered by warranty I rang up and checked)
I drilled noggin and fed flex thru so that I could then mount FCU about a foot above window - looked ok

Failing that just leave them a pole with a hook on the end

The come with a plug top on about a meter of flex, I tested them with extension lead then cut plug top off (it's still covered by warranty I rang up and checked)
I drilled noggin and fed flex thru so that I could then mount FCU about a foot above window - looked ok

Last edited:

New York, New York 'So Good They Named It Twice' thrice :)

how do these work at night?
They also have a battery. I've done a few over the last couple of years. The normal ones are just mains fed and have a remote/wireless controller and the integra solar ones just have a remote/wireless controller. You just have to pair the controller to the window. The older versions used to come with a retractive switch but I haven't seen them installed for a few years now.

You can also get the velux klf 100 interface for them. Then fit a retractive center off, if they loose the remote control they have a wall switch for them. The interface is rf too so it doesn't even need to be near the window, and it can control multiple windows at once. Works well in my experience, I integrate them into home automation systems using these.

I just wondered because I have not seen one before.
I have fitted quite a few of the conventional type.
I suppose if the battery is near it's threshold and the window is open it will close it too?

I've only seen 2 of them so far, my mate had them fitted when he had a new roof.

From what I can remember, In normal use the window motor and Electronics are powered by the batteries which are kept topped up by a solar panel mounted in the framework.
When the window is open a small amount of rain will be sensed & cause the window to automatically close, if the control senses low battery power it will automatically close.

In normal use,the window is controlled by an RF remote.

Only thing I find with them is that operation is quite slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Velux windows 1st fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net