Discuss Veterinary clinic, medical location in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Russ.H

-
Reaction score
Hi
we are refurbishing a vets, there is currently no compliance with section 710 medical locations and they do not want to pay for any specific equipment relating to medical locations. Has anyone dealt with this?
thanks

Hi
we are refurbishing a vets, there is currently no compliance with section 710 medical locations and they do not want to pay for any specific equipment relating to medical locations. Has anyone dealt with this?
thanks

No never dealt with Medical locations, you have to comply with B7671 Section 710, if your Vet client want's to do the job on the cheap and not comply, then. imo my advice would be to explain what is needed, if they still object walk away, after all it's your neck and lively hood on the line not theirs, any muck flying around would stick to you, you are the expert.

Thanks all,I'm waiting for a call back from my NICEIC assessor spoke yesterday but he needs to have a chat with his bosses.
This could end up being a nightmare as the vet and the architect say they'll get the Royal college of veterinary surgeons involved.

Thanks all,I'm waiting for a call back from my NICEIC assessor spoke yesterday but he needs to have a chat with his bosses.
This could end up being a nightmare as the vet and the architect say they'll get the Royal college of veterinary surgeons involved.

Quote BS 7671 Section 710.1 NOTE 2

Never done any medical installations, since I was an apprentice (so no expert). In the latest addition of 'Connections', a question is asked about a Dental Practices from the helpline, which agrees its a medical location as defined in section 701, but importantly goes on to say 'Prior to any decisions taken on the particular regulations that may apply, the contractor will need to agree with the client the nature of the work that will be carried out: such work will indicate both the classification and the group'.
Suggest to me they is some discussion on how the regs are applied?

PS not all of the venue would be classed as in 701?

Last edited:
Just spoken to my assessor who has spoken with the top bosses and it has been agreed that we do not have to install to section 710 if we don't feel it's necessary and the vet doesn't want it.
Note 2 was referred to as an arse covering.

Just spoken to my assessor who has spoken with the top bosses and it has been agreed that we do not have to install to section 710 if we don't feel it's necessary and the vet doesn't want it.
Note 2 was referred to as an arse covering.

Did you get it in writing? If not then it won't help you if this does become a problem down the line as the NIC will cover their own arses instead of helping you

Following on from Daves' post #14:
Send an email to you assessor detailing the conversation you had and the outcome. That will cover your arse....

Hi Russ, question are you doing this work as a contractor, are are you working for someone ?

Was there a specification at the outset of the work, or is the work being done on an ad hoc basis?

Is the work being done on a shoe string?

Reply to Veterinary clinic, medical location in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net