Discuss Vphase in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

S.t.one

Vphase

Hi

I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with Vphase units ?

what sort of customers have been interested?

what has the customer feed back been (if any), How is the installation proses (times ect)

any comments greatly appreciated

Cheers
Wayne :

One of our guys went on the FREE training course.
We have tried selling these to customers but none really seem interested in paying out £250 - £300 (just for parts, or what ever the cost now is).
I'm not sure my colleague has ever been asked to fit one, and I'd forgotten all about it till I read the post.

There is a few threads on here about this. Punch in Vphase into the forums search (top right) and have a read through. I believe its too expensive for the projected returns/savings. I don't think the public will go for it unless it gets a lot of good press and advertising, even then £250+ installation to save that amount in ten years is a bit hard to sell.

I maybe a little thick but if you connect a 10kw shower that is 240volt rated to a steady 220volt or whatever it is designed at, how will that be more efficient?

You cant connect anything other than lighting and ring finals to these units. I've never fitted one nor been asked about them TBH I dont think they're viable at this moment.

The hassle involved with splitting up circuits to enable the connection of these units just isn't cost effective IMO.

Thanks for the quick response guy's

I have read through some of the tec spec online but still a little unsure, think I may pass the info onto some of my (greener) clients to test the water...

Cheers

Wayne :)

I did see them at Elex but it was all REP type talk and i must admit didnt give me much confidence , and only a 10% saving be easier to look at other area's to save money and energy , rather than what could be a mine field as Lenny has pointed out

I was told by the bloke at the wholesaler that if your drawing more than 20amps, It cuts out the transformer bit inside. So it's not actually working.

Any one know if this is true?

Not 20A mate, ...at just 8 A and it goes onto by-pass!! ...Waste of time and money, even boiling a kettle, it will reduce the power alright, but then it will take longer to boil!! ...So saving is nothing, zilch!!! Just another gizmo that doesn't or can't perform as it is advertised to do....

Last edited:
Check out the Specifications section, ... 8A continuous duty. What they mean by 20A short term i have no idea, It does say, this unit can only handle 4KW for a few minutes, probably cutting in and out of by-pass mode!! This model can only handle 2.5KW continuously which makes it next useless, you need to make savings on the high consumption appliances not on the low power ones. To be honest, you would be better off buying LED lamps for the whole house than buying one of these units, much cheaper and the pay-back will be quicker too... probably save you more money overall than the VPhase too ...lol!!!

I've just run some figures past the Vphase online calculator and with the cost of the unit and a modest install cost it would take 10+ years to break even!!!

Used on lighting it could make a saving, but not as much as high efficiency lamps. As for appliances what’s the point, to boil a pint of water requires XX watts. It will just take longer.
Waste of time and money!

Reply to Vphase in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net