Discuss Wage slips not issued in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest55

During the summer did a few weeks work for company on a self employed CIS basis. Got paid no problems but after nearly 4 months still havent recieved payment statements / wage slips despite several emails / phone calls chasing them up.
Hardly life or death i know but come next April i wont be able to complete my accounts plus i'll lose out on cash i can claim back from tax.
so what can i do next ?
will the inland revenue assist if i make a complaint ?
getting right on my nerves wasting time on this.
answers on a post card folks.

do your accounts. enter what you were paid, noting that payments were cis (20% deducted). have copies of relevant bank statements available in case of queries.

yeah as tel said, no need for you to loose out because you don't have a bit of paper, just put down what you got paid, add on 20% tax and put that on there. they will probably never ask to see them anyway

It's probably because they have not sent or declared your deductions to the IR, tell them that you are going to inform the IR and I bet that gets them moving. Good luck mate.

It is actually bad practise though to employ sub contract labour and not give a Cis payment certificate to them, we give our sub contract labour on the 20% scheme these certificates Monthly, they may get a little ruffled if you mention Cis certificates and the like to them, sounds like a dodgy employer to me Biff

Was this a legit company or was it a couple of dodgy looking characters working out of the back of a Ford Transit using a laptop and wi-fi dongle?

The thing is if they don't pass the 20% on to the tax man it can come back to you if they fold, my mother had this problem and had to pay £800 ish because of them holding the money and not paying at the end of the year, so she basically paid tax twice which is annoying. So tbh keep on at them or else you may end up getting chased for it, tax man don't care who pays it so long as they get it in the end basically, not fair but true.

If it's a legit business then it may just be an oversight or inconvenience they're just avoiding so you've just got to motivate them. Send them a final email preferably to the owner and make it very personal. Use his name several times like you're talking mano to mano and state you're sure it's just an oversight on their part but you're going to have no choice but to submit your tax without the paperwork. You'd rather not put them in a position where they're likely to get audited or investigated because it's bad for their business as well as yours so please just sort it out and do the necessary pronto.

i'll pretend i never heard that.

*reaches for shotgun.

watch out or you'll end up with the plod putting your door in at 2AM, I was in a bar when they came charging in screaming with machine guns and pistols because a bloke had joked about shootin an a-hole that was giving him a hard time at work and pssn him off.......he had said that about 5 minutes earlier...had too many beverages........the foreign worker running the front desk reception of the hotel it was attached to had been told about this by a (foreign)guest that was drinking in the bar listening to what he was saying (talking drunken nonsense )and she was "all alarmed and concerned" so told the dude at reception who phoned them and said that a guy was in the bar"threatening to shoot somebody" so they came in everybody down on the effin floor ffffkin right now where is he NOW!! NOW!!! .....dragged off by hair dribbling and drooling....think he even peed himself before reaching the fire exit....
I was worried because I had just done a bit of maintenance and was in having a cola with my tool belt on the bar.....they just looked at the toolbelt, looked at me ...looked at the toolbelt again and I thought "o-oh I'm going to get lifted as well here because I have my toolbelt from fixing the light just there" but they just left with the drunk and the music went back on again ....quite surprised at that as I had some pointy screwdrivers sticking out of it....thought they would have had an extra on board for some easy brownie points.....were obviously too busy at the time....

dont declare it just say you were chillin out for 4 weeks
Then find out that the company did pay the Tax, and now the Inland Revenue are wondering why your figures don't add up.
It's quite simple to find out whether the Contractor has paid/declared the Tax deducted.
Simply phone up the CIS help line with the name of the Company and the dates worked.
I have in the past got them to list all deductions and verify amounts for a complete Tax year.

In the past, I worked direct for a company from Febuary through to November when the company went bust.
As far as I'm aware, the company which employed around about 30 workers, did not pay the tax deducted for anyone.
I just declared my earnings, worked out what the tax would have been and put that information on my Self Assessment form.
Never heard anything about it.

Then find out that the company did pay the Tax, and now the Inland Revenue are wondering why your figures don't add up.
It's quite simple to find out whether the Contractor has paid/declared the Tax deducted.
Simply phone up the CIS help line with the name of the Company and the dates worked.
I have in the past got them to list all deductions and verify amounts for a complete Tax year.

In the past, I worked direct for a company from Febuary through to November when the company went bust.
As far as I'm aware, the company which employed around about 30 workers, did not pay the tax deducted for anyone.
I just declared my earnings, worked out what the tax would have been and put that information on my Self Assessment form.
Never heard anything about it.

i would have done the same, i don't think you could be asked to pay the tax if you have already been deducted tax at source and the company have not paid it for you,

Reply to Wage slips not issued in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock