Discuss wall light fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I did see a house in Belfast once with fused neutrals... owner called the place I used to work say he had a prob in that his lights fused and did not come back on after rewiring the fuse... took us a while to find it it but there was a box with all the neutrals coming back and fuses on each of them

I did see a house in Belfast once with fused neutrals... owner called the place I used to work say he had a prob in that his lights fused and did not come back on after rewiring the fuse... took us a while to find it it but there was a box with all the neutrals coming back and fuses on each of them
yep...

Cast service heads often have fused neutrals as well....i always report `em wherever i finds `em...

RIGHT you lot as your not being very help full to the OP I'm going to help.

Get a plumber in I think it is something to do with the thing in the wot sit that has not been put in the gubings and then touch the other u bit that is part of the thing that has got nothin to do with wot we are talking about, Friday ISThe best night of week

RIGHT you lot as your not being very help full to the OP I'm going to help.

Get a plumber in I think it is something to do with the thing in the wot sit that has not been put in the gubings and then touch the other u bit that is part of the thing that has got nothin to do with wot we are talking about, Friday ISThe best night of week

Are you drunk mate?

Not yet as had to take the wife out tonight, she was driving but does not like me to drink when we out, she's gone to bed so give me 45min and I will be

will do, thanks for that tip all I've got to do now is find a shop that is open, we do have a small carton of red wine in cupboard that wife uses in gravy will that do? or would it be best if I just had anther JD, Got a testing job to do on monday and have to take my tester to screwfix in morning to get it calibrated would like to thank OP for telling us that they do that sort of thing do you think i will be able to get a new bulb (not lamp) for my heavy duty mains tester (neon thing that you test with to make it all safe be before you touch the black/blue or the one that some times has yellow and green on it)

Well the earth cont is ok, he had pir and after looking at certs it seems ok. I'll know better when I test it myself tho.
well after reading the shambles that have been your posts fella you have convinced me of several things:

1) you aint an electrician...

2) you aint competent...

3) yet again we have someone turning up without any test gear..(anyone remember the fella in glasgow?)...

4) something as basic as this has baffled you...and the wrong use of terminology says `DIYer` to me...
do you fail to read OPs? Had you read it properly you wouldn't have commented.
Prove I am not an electrician and prove I am not competent.
My certs speak for themselves....

A genuine question gets asked and majority of you all jump on the band wagon and start having a pop. This is a forum to help each other out when needed. If you jokers had read my OP PROPERLY then half of these smart ar$e "answers" arnt needed. More to the point I doubt you would all say stuff like that when stood toe to toe with me.
If you have no constructive crittisism to give, keep your trap shut.

I dont have a link but my local branch has several 'open days' throughout the year for calibration. I can only assume each branch is different as I know it isn't screwfix who calibrate them its an external firm.

Wrong i would say it toe to toe.... plus i asked how you left the customer when you left??
No lights ???
You have had every inch of advice possible so why you crying??

Reply to wall light fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net