Search the forum,

Discuss Wanderlead- could you ..... in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

p11jor

Could you get a bit of flex wire a plug to it and attach croc clip other end., plug that into a extension lead then onThe other end have a single socket again with some flex crossed together with croc clip on plug in extension to this, null/take reading subtract, and use this to take reading for continuity of cpc?£85 is alot for the actual wander leads!

is to short too short also? :)

a simple length of single core or anything else will do the job (i like the proper wander lead but as you say the price is extortionate for what it is)

is to short too short also? :)

a simple length of single core or anything else will do the job (i like the proper wander lead but as you say the price is extortionate for what it is)

I wouldn't be without my 'proper' wander lead, no joints, nice textured cable that lies flat when uncoiled but I suppose it depends on how often you're going to use it.

Iqelectrical I think your right, that's what puts me off about single core is I like the idea how easy it is to ravel up the flex. £80 it is!

Iqelectrical I think your right, that's what puts me off about single core is I like the idea how easy it is to ravel up the flex. £80 it is!

I watched a guy using 4mm 6491-X and crocodile clips a few weeks ago, he had a reading of 0.54 Ohms, then if he moved the cable, he had 0.7 Ohms, he wouldn't be using crap like that on one of my jobs!

Your equipment is an investment and a reflection of how you treat the task, why spend up to a grand on a nice callibrated MFT and then use poor quality cheap leads or a B&Q extension reel as an R2 lead?

iq - don't tar all home made wonder (wander?) leads with the same brush !

That one sounds carp!

I've seen loads of very old home made ones that don't waiver ..... mine is 0.41 before zeroing.

Every time!

iq - don't tar all home made wonder (wander?) leads with the same brush !

That one sounds carp!

I've seen loads of very old home made ones that don't waiver ..... mine is 0.41 before zeroing.

Every time!

I know exceptions exist but you're measuring down to 0.01 of an Ohm and any slight deviance is massive in percentage terms...

i bought a piece of 6mm tri rated 30 meters long it was cracking had a crock on one end and a socket on the other went up the vacume cleaner dont ask me how why and what ever but it did

Just built my R2 lead tonight, 30m of 2.5mm tri-rated green/yellow of eBay for £13, took the flex out of a £7 Aldi extension lead, jack plug fixed to a 1gang blanking plate and then fixed to the reel, old Megger probe crimped and heat sleeved to the other end, total cost £20

Reply to Wanderlead- could you ..... in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net