Discuss Waste Carrier License???? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have recently applied for my local councils 'Trusted Trader' scheme and was wondering if I could get a bit of advice.

Basically they have emailed me with the following:

can you please let me know if you hold a waste carrier licence, if you don’t have a licence which facilities do you use for dispose the waste?

The first bit's easy - No i don't have one :eek: but was wondering what the best response to the other part would be

currently I keep the copper until i've got loads and a mate of mine buys it off me, wheras the rest....... :cool:

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Have recently applied for my local councils 'Trusted Trader' scheme and was wondering if I could get a bit of advice.

Basically they have emailed me with the following:

can you please let me know if you hold a waste carrier licence, if you don’t have a licence which facilities do you use for dispose the waste?

The first bit's easy - No i don't have one :eek: but was wondering what the best response to the other part would be

currently I keep the copper until i've got loads and a mate of mine buys it off me, wheras the rest....... :cool:

Thanks in advance
Hi, just tell them you leave all waste with the customer otherwise you may find yourself in trouble cos you're supposed to have a licence for carrying any waste, a friend of mine(landscaper) got fined for not having one, just an extra charge so they get their greedy hands on more of our hard earned money:eek: by the way i do the same with my copper too;)

scrap is also considered as waste the council hang about outside scrap yards and pull any van. its worth paying the £80 for a waste carriers licence if you pay regular visits to the scrap yard because the average fine is £300

scrap is also considered as waste the council hang about outside scrap yards and pull any van. its worth paying the £80 for a waste carriers licence if you pay regular visits to the scrap yard because the average fine is £300

Does that mean if you return fluorescent tubes to the wholesalers that are no good you will be fined as you don't have a waste carriers licence? even though you have paid a WEEE charge when you purchased the replacement?:confused:

Hiya

Can anyone tell me who legaly owns scrap cable from a job, is it the company doing the work or the customer having the work done ???? :confused:

Thanks for any help

I run my own company in lighting and was caught out with this as well. I was going back to my suppliers to dispose and pick up some new fluorescents when I got pulled in by traffic police. They had set up a check point with all the powers that be so they could have a go at van drivers seeing what you where not compliant with (i.e people working that shouldn`t be, running on red diesel etc) and to my surprise I was fined for not having a waste carriers licence by SEPA. Had to go out the next day and fork out £300 I think it was on a 5 year licence i gave them my money and about 2 weeks later i got a laminated certificate (designed by the local primary school i think) sent out to me and they had the cheek to ask if i wanted to also purchase the wallet size licence. Not needed to use the licence since.

never seen this in the last few years in several yards around london

Can anyone tell me who legaly owns scrap cable from a job, is it the company doing the work or the customer having the work done

Its part of their property so it belongs to them but ive never known any property owner who wanted it

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Waste Carrier License???? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net