Discuss weekend of tripping RCD call outs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Staturday morning phone goes RCD tripping ,fault fault on a fridge ,easy , saturday afternoon Call out RCD tripping in a busy hotel , found an extension cable cable that no one new what it was was removed plud and told them to call if anything wasnt working ,and yes they did it was the TV supply "no football in a busy pub " turned out it was the satalite reciever , all quite for the rest of the day .sunday morning just started up the lawn mower call out tripping RCD lost half the house ,well this was a good one:D im still laughing now:D got to the house yes could rest the RCD switch all off reset RCD switch each circuit on till i got to the sockets and the RCD tripped , unplug every thing , still tripped , remove legs from the mcb ,then IR test ,live insulation test 0.02 ,N and E find >200 meg brill , split ring at a socket ,tested again half the ring >200 meg othe half <0.02 mmm so where is the fault cable ,, so reinstate the part of the ring power up and look at the remaining sockets , this i did ,only one socket on the ring left , removed all looked ok , so i took the legs of the live out to reconnect so i could test the leg back to the board , all tested ok head scratch time tested the socket L to E 0.02 found it the socket was down , odd one so it took it appart and it was socked inside :confused: eh , it turned out that the owners son had come in drunk and only pee'd over the socket , what a numpty , so lucky it was RCD protected lol especially the night before the lad was in casualty for 9 hours being sewn up after an incident with some glass, his mum told him he has to pay the bill :D replaced the socket tested again all okie dokie run to the van alcohole hand cleanser and home to finish the grass

eh , it turned out that the owners son had come in drunk and only pee'd over the socket , what a numpty , so lucky it was RCD protected lol especially the night before the lad was in casualty for 9 hours being sewn up after an incident with some glass, his mum told him he has to pay the bill :D replaced the socket tested again all okie dokie run to the van alcohole hand cleanser and home to finish the grass

Burns to the end of his togger by any chance:D:D:D:D:D:D

he hadnt a clue he'd even done it ,one lucky guy fancy that at casualty now how did you do it lol his mum found the wet carpet lol

And to top it all off you nearly had a trip to Holyhead to help me with my RCD trip, good job I sorted it!

Nice one ,you get weekends like this i can tell you ill have a rest this week i wish lol, its nice when you find a fault because at the end of the day were learning and fault finding is one of the things about this job i love

Reply to weekend of tripping RCD call outs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net