Discuss Weirdest, strangest, oddest things found........ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

scariest thing i found!
i worked for my father doing roofing jobs after i got out of the navy.
one lady had me clean out the sheds and aside from her deceased hubbies old skin mags there was the usual collected junk (old garden tools, parts, paint cans, etc.)
in the back of the shed i found a green canister that was taped shut.
anyway loaded it into the truck and went home was taking junk to the scrapyard the next morning.
curiosity compelled me to open the canister
what i found was a live high explosive mortar round (i recognized the markings)
this had been the shed for almost 40 years.

immediately called bomb squad and they transported and destroyed it in a local quarry
boy talk about some very nervous cops

Bet that was before mobile phones were invented though so it doesn't count.
Twas about 5 years ago mate, it didn't last very long iirc because he got a text from his girlfriend that was way too important to ignore. Something about not being able to find the rabbit, whether it was a real rabbit or not is still unknown.

Twas about 5 years ago mate, it didn't last very long iirc because he got a text from his girlfriend that was way too important to ignore. Something about not being able to find the rabbit, whether it was a real rabbit or not is still unknown.

Be grateful.... My apprentice pulled a tranny then dumped and ran.
That made for a interesting working day the following day LOL

Be grateful.... My apprentice pulled a tranny then dumped and ran.
That made for a interesting working day the following day LOL

Well he must of had a good grope first to find out, maybe even enjoyed it as other wise I am sure he wouldn't have told anyone about it would he.

Reply to Weirdest, strangest, oddest things found........ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net