Discuss Wet Riser Pump back up supplies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yep, you are right, I just joined today though........ The wiring and monitoring of fire pumps is what I do, have done for decades. My bible is TB 210, just trying to help any electricians out there who may not be familiar. The thread is still extant, isn't it?
Thread isn't that old welcome to the forum diverse knowledge makes the forum what it is.

Yep, you are right, I just joined today though........ The wiring and monitoring of fire pumps is what I do, have done for decades. My bible is TB 210, just trying to help any electricians out there who may not be familiar. The thread is still extant, isn't it?

Absolutely. Sorry, was just pointing out its age in case you weren't aware.

Welcome to the forum!

This thread is from 2017.
Interesting read though.

Here is a photo of a 2 pump set one electric the other diesel. The electric supply had huge fuses for the supply cable size, and no motor overload, just a star/delta starter. 250A FLC. Shame the pump supply cable had been stolen. The diesel pump was awesome. Though the waste storage building this was for was out of use and empty the engine had been serviced somewhat recently. As soon as the start button was pressed it EXPLODED into life, I've never seen a diesel engine start and reach full running speed so fast. You couldn't even hear the starter motors crank the engine it fired so fast. It was fitted with 2 sets of batteries and 2 starter motors for full redundancy, I believe it fired both starter motors together. The water supply tank had the largest ball cock I'd ever seen.

This set may have been scrapped with the rest of the equipment in the building :( It was one of the only things there that still worked. Plenty of water spraying out of the heads missing their bubbles!
fire.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong here but thr thread is on Wet Risers pumps, not Automatic Sprinkler pumps, I'm led to believe they are 2 different operating beasts?

Reply to Wet Riser Pump back up supplies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net