Discuss What connector is this? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Slizza786

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone please tell me what type of connector this is and where I can buy the female counter part from?

Pics attached

Attachments

• 20220307_193109.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220307_193113.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220307_193232.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220307_192723.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 19
Only place ive seen this connection is on an electronics board.... be that inside a computer, or a TV or something.
Im not aware if there is a male counterpart, (this being the female) except for pins soldered to a board.

Do you need to extend the cable? Would cutting the plug off and extending the cores without a plug/socket be viable?

It looks like it might be a Molex PicoBlade connector...

They are, as @littlespark says usually PCB headers into which something plugs. RS do appear to sell both male and female cable connectors, most of the PCB connectors appear to be male connectors. The problem with a lot of these is that to do a decent job on the crimps you need special tooling which is often quite expensive for a one off jobs, so extending the cable may be a better option, but if you're going to extend it substantially you need to consider the cable in use. If for example it's a USB cable, then you may want to extend it with suitably shielded cable.

Reply to What connector is this? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi My washing machine has stopped working, found this not connected inside. The wire going into was broken where it goes into this connector. Was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have accidentally pulled a wire out of connector (believe it is a molex?) I have seen info about getting the metal part out of the connector...
Replies
Views
I am looking for the connector for this rotary position sensor. The sensor is originally normally used for an EZ-GO golf cart as the throttle...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am about to fit a light fitting and wanted some advice whether I should just connect the light cables into the correct terminal blocks...
Replies
Views
Hello, 1st time post from an amateur. I have some old Habitat decorative lights that are powered by a transformer. There seems to be a break in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock