Discuss What do you think of my website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

antony73993

Hi All,

I have created my own website and would like to know what you think any advice or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. I have no experience with web design, in an ideal world I would pay someone to do this for me but its just to expensive I was quoted £5k for a 15 page site.

http://www.omegatesting.co.uk

:D

That’s pretty dam good, considering you have no web design experience. What programme did you use to design it with?

What’s with all the logo’s across the bottom of the page? I tried to click on them thinking they would take me to there website?

The only problem I found when designing my website, was where to get the images from. I didn’t really want to pay for the images, and the free ones where only for personal use (not business). So I ended up using my own

It looks really professional and has loads more information on it than most, but if you're after constructive criticism I'd flip the layout back to front, ie the list of services on the left and the other stuff on the right with the gradient going the other way so you'd have the white text on the left and the black on the right.
The reason behind this is I use IE with a fat list of favourites open, so when I opened your home page I just saw things like Insurance reports, 17th Edition, Part P, Are you a Landlord etc whereas what I would really have wanted to see was the list of services on the right which i had to scroll across for.

It looks really professional and has loads more information on it than most, but if you're after constructive criticism I'd flip the layout back to front, ie the list of services on the left and the other stuff on the right with the gradient going the other way so you'd have the white text on the left and the black on the right.
The reason behind this is I use IE with a fat list of favourites open, so when I opened your home page I just saw things like Insurance reports, 17th Edition, Part P, Are you a Landlord etc whereas what I would really have wanted to see was the list of services on the right which i had to scroll across for.

Thanks for the advice I will make those changes right away, that is a problem we have noticed I use safari which displays everything perfectly but explorer sometimes displays this out of place im not sure how to optimise the site to get it to display perfectly in all the common browsers

That’s pretty dam good, considering you have no web design experience. What programme did you use to design it with?

What’s with all the logo’s across the bottom of the page? I tried to click on them thinking they would take me to there website?

The only problem I found when designing my website, was where to get the images from. I didn’t really want to pay for the images, and the free ones where only for personal use (not business). So I ended up using my own

Got to Fotolia for pics, only cost a couple of ££'s for web sized images

This is a very good site, I am quite impressed. It looks very professional. Maybe I would make the characters and pictures smaller (and the spaces between them) but this is just something I have with Internet sites (I like things to be small and close together, everything in one screen). Very good site anyways.

Not bad. You need to proof read it though.

On the Domestic testing Page there is a typo on the word required and your click here to view sample doesn't have a link.

I also disagree with you having put that the certificates will be released upon receipt of payment. I understand that we sometimes have to roll that way, but I consider it bad taste to put it on the site like that.

Not a bad effort though, I too created my own site and so I know how frustrating it can be.

Not bad. You need to proof read it though.

On the Domestic testing Page there is a typo on the word required and your click here to view sample doesn't have a link.

I also disagree with you having put that the certificates will be released upon receipt of payment. I understand that we sometimes have to roll that way, but I consider it bad taste to put it on the site like that.

Not a bad effort though, I too created my own site and so I know how frustrating it can be.

have to agree with widdler

first impression- looks pro, tweak it in that direction. Which of course, no doubt, thats your intention. :D

Didnt think the with holding of certs was in keeping with the legal side of business operations......

This is just a thought as i can see where the OP is coming from by with holding them, if you car was taken to a garage they dont let you have it back till you have paid, its fairly similer in the respect that if you do a pir or whatever that if the customer has everything they want done and certificated they are in no rush to pay, which im sure you'll all agree is very frustrating.

If they are his terms to do the work if the customer doesnt like it they could always use someone else?

just my thoughts tho so doesnt mean its right.:)

Reply to What do you think of my website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net