Discuss What's the greatest (or least) roof aspect anyone's installed panels on? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

HotSpot

Hi

I'm just looking at a possible installation where the only available roof space is facing just past West at about 285degrees. Not ideal but I'm wondering what's the greatest (or least) aspect anyone has done an installation on?

..be honest!

No looking at a possible 4Kw on my business partners roof as he is so impressed with the 3 panel we fitted to achieve MCS.

Design results look good.

Did a WNW because someone previously had secured low carbon funding for the ESE roof but forgot that it had roof windows and 2 flues. We put Sanyo HIT's on and it started generating right away even though it was drizzling outside. Wouldn't do it again but the housing association we did it for were grateful just to get an install. Doing a West facing next week in Scotland - payback in 12 years rather than 10 but the customer is aware of that and happy with the projections.

Reply to What's the greatest (or least) roof aspect anyone's installed panels on? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow professionals, I'm currently facing a challenging scenario that involves the integration of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs...
Replies
Views
Hi. We are planning a loft conversion and I want to arrange the velux roof windows so that I maximise the space available to install solar panels...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I can fit 15kwh worth of solar panels on my roof space, and i'm debating if I should either export to off set my electric bills or go off...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
On eBay you can find hundreds of Samsung (but also LG, Philips, etc.) Smart TV motherboards (see e.g. here Samsung UN65JU6700FXZA Main Board...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock