Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Whats the scrap prices in your area ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

I have got to get around to doing another scrap run soon as it did not get done before Christmas because of the price drop !
    The trouble is finding the best price , I find if you phone around they can vary by as much as ££££s per ton for bright within a 10 - 20 mile radius ?
    And how one yard will give £££s per ton more for house hold but £££s per ton less for swa and bright compared to the one literally next door to it .
    What are others finding the price's like for bright and house hold around the county ?

2. brooky25

brooky25 Guest

£1500 - £1650 per ton for household in Barnsley, South Yorks and around £4500 for bright

3. cbw

cbw Electrician's Arms

I only get £1.30/kg here in Suffolk for household

4. Paul.M

Paul.M Trusted Advisor

I got £1.45 per kg yesterday for household in Leeds.

Wish I was the plumber infront of me, should have seen the back of his van, it was like Steptoe & son. He got £2600, not bad for a man in a council van cough cough.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  5. hoover

hoover Regular EF Member

What's your definition of household?

6. cablemonkey

cablemonkey Guest

In Poole,Dorset I got £1155 per ton for PVC cable with plugs last month.

7. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Council Van - I wonder if he gave the cash to the accounts department????????

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paul.M

Paul.M Trusted Advisor

Not a chance Murdoch. Looks like he did the same as us and waited after Xmas to weigh in. Think he may have been storing it for a few months, the amount of copper heaters and pipes that he had.

I'm not knocking the guy, I'm just jealous.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

I got £1200 a tonne for household at the beginning of this month at AG Evans in Wigginton.

10. J&M Electrical

J&M Electrical Guest

Was it Bramalls in Leeds? they always give the best prices around there. We tried Eric France once, he offered us 70p a Kg, went to Bramalls, they gave us £1.30 a KG and the bloke at Bramalls said Mr France weighs all his scrap in there. No wonder he could afford to plaster half naked girls all over advertisements around Wakefield.

11. brooky25

brooky25 Guest

If you are near to sheffield, emrltd. com give the best prices, thats where all local scrap dealers sell theirs to. The site is huge, Looks like they have one in Leeds too

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  12. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

£1500/ton for unstripped I got for my last little lot.

13. growler

growler Electrician's Arms

£1640 per tonne at a4 metals today. was $1680 last week..

14. Paul.M

Paul.M Trusted Advisor

I go to European metal recycling Pontefract road (yellow building left hand side just after the BP station).

15. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

I collect a few Kebabs from the healthy eating shop tonight :)
    and the scrap man followed me in
    His price is
    Unstriped £1700 ton
    high grade £2000 ton (I think he means plumbers pipe)
    Bright wire £4650 ton

apparently the price went down today but will be going back up over the next few days

apparently the cash payment for scrap is being stopped in April, and his industry thinks the bottom will fall out of his business as we don't want to pay tax on our scrap money