Discuss What's your preferred floodlight brand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C19rta

Trainee
Reaction score
I've got a job to replace three floods with 20w led pir with a manual override. We only really use Collingwood but I can't get them until mid next week which is a pain. Bonus with them is they are colour switching, struggling to find a similar product..

Any recommendations lads/lasses

Cheers

I only fit osram ledvance now and have never been called back to any of this brand.
Lucky you, I've replaced most of the Ledvance ones I fitted, all from the original range 20W (2000 lumen) and 50W (5000 lumen).

Had no bother with Ansell floodlights so far

We had 18 out of 20 100w ledvance floods fail within 2 years. Don't know about lower wattage ones but 80,100 and 200w are extremely problematic within replacements failing just as quick.
I have only used 100w bell highbay fittings. Personally I am not sure about any brand for high power units yet

Lucky you, I've replaced most of the Ledvance ones I fitted, all from the original range 20W (2000 lumen) and 50W (5000 lumen).

Might give them a go too, everything cef have been pushing recently seems to be rubbish, fitted a few Collingwood and jcc recently so will see how they get on.

I got some more today and noticed they tried to give me IP44 units, the old ones were IP65, Hmmmm

I'm fitting Timeguard at the moment. Only had one major problem thus far but I suspect there is something else going on as I've had to replace the lights almost annually (previous ones weren't Timeguard, the failure of the Timeguard unit was the PIR module).

Do the collingwood floods have a 230v input for the manual override or is it the usual on-off-on procedure?

None of the led ones seem to have a 230v input

The Timeguard ones do, just done a mixed PIR and PIR with Remote install of two floods which supply the other in the event of movement or override via the remote.

Might give them a go too, everything cef have been pushing recently seems to be rubbish, fitted a few Collingwood and jcc recently so will see how they get on.
Competing with Aldi and Amazon

I presume they're all mostly rubbish

Let the customer buy and pay for labor when it needs replaced

I very much have to pick from the bottom of the market for most of my clients. Though interesting that some of the new Luceco ones come with a twist/tilt mount rather than the standard bracket, which seems useful for angling direction of light.

I've fitted a few of theirs in the past with no problems so far (though some people seem to have had failures with them), I doubt they are likely to be lasting 10 years but then are there many brands that you'd confidently expect that?

fittted a few LAP ones,no problems and a bonus is cable direct into fitting, no tail so no wiska box required. tin hat on (LAP). most others have been Ansell, got 1 at home been up for 5 years.

Reply to What's your preferred floodlight brand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net