Discuss When does taking a fuse out protect you..? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

My point being that an electrician is unlikely to state that he has no qualifications in the trade.
There loads of posters HS don't add their quals in their profile, but to state he has none, well I take your point

don't mention qualifications. i wanted to retrain as a plumber, but the exam questions were so bloody hard. like

Q1. does pi$$ flow uphill or down?

Q2 which, if any , of these are magnetic?
1.copper pipe
2. plastic pipe
3. asbestos soil pipe
4. pipe grips.

i went with copper pipe as it's metal and the wood butcher had nicked my pipe grips so i could not test.

don't mention qualifications. i wanted to retrain as a plumber, but the exam questions were so bloody hard. like

Q1. does pi$$ flow uphill or down?

Q2 which, if any , of these are magnetic?
1.copper pipe
2. plastic pipe
3. asbestos soil pipe
4. pipe grips.

i went with copper pipe as it's metal and the wood butcher had nicked my pipe grips so i could not test.
it depends how pedantic they want to get about it , plastic does have magnetic properties, just not very much.

Jeeez I gave away one of this Martindale testers a few years back and swapped it for a Fluke, sort of regret it now as the Fluke failed after 2 years but the Martindale lasted 25 years, mug.

Never ever assume that a circuit is dead when you throw the switch, check and double check.

Reply to When does taking a fuse out protect you..? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A rose in my 1970s kitchen ceiling became loose (one fixing screw had been inserted right on the edge of the hole in the ceiling) and when I...
Replies
Views
Hi, in my bedroom i had a 2 gang dimmer that powered 2 set of 3 spot lights and also had passthrough wires to other sockets. Im changing to just...
Replies
Views
I have a strip light in the kitchen operated from a single switch. I want to replace it with a straight bar 4 spot array. There are three supply...
Replies
Views
I have just checked a double outlet and it trips at 18ma. It was supposed to be faulty. Washing machine had a bad heater which got replaced but...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock