Discuss Which are the most Popular panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sunlec Power

Hi Guys!

I was just wondering what the most popular panels are that you guys fit?

I was thinking maybe the 190w and 230w?

Any help would be great and geedback from different people.

Thanks in advance

Ken

top 5 global module suppliers all 700Mwp plus in 2010
about 50% of the world market

1/ first solar
2/ suntech
3/ solarworld
4/ yingli
5/ ja solar

then about 500 others sharing the remaining 50%
some like solarworld/ldk solar are well over 1GW on cell and wafer production in 2011

top 5 global module suppliers all 700Mwp plus in 2010
about 50% of the world market

1/ first solar
2/ suntech
3/ solarworld
4/ yingli
5/ ja solar

then about 500 others sharing the remaining 50%
some like solarworld/ldk solar are well over 1GW on cell and wafer production in 2011

Is that based just on unit sales (irrespective of rating)?

This gets scewed by the large solar farm install though.

You'll also find different panels are better in some market places than others for all sorts of reason, the UK domestic market for example has on average small sized and more complex shaped roofs because of the history of our housing stock.

Large Scale / Medium scale commercial installs have different drivers regarding choice and 'popularity' of panels especially when some of the panel manufacturers take a stake in the PV Power plant.

So there are lots of variation by market even across Europe.

Thanks for you replies guys!!

How about the Panels that most of you install onto normal houses/commercial properties, whats the most popular watts per panel?

Thanks

based on production of modules in MWp all over $billion output in 2010
about 4million modules usually 185-245wp in poly/mono smaller on cdte/thin films 50-85wp
but most will be 10-40% higher this year once new production comes on line
cells and wafers on some will be higher or lower as some buy in and some sell to 3rd parties

Reply to Which are the most Popular panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net