Discuss Which test leads ? Meter without leads in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As I college student.

I'm still just experimenting with equipment etc.

I have the megger bm223 without the test leads

Can anyone recommend some cheap Test Leads for this. I'm only using these for my home study. Not professional work or anything.

Thanks.

I believe it’s an insulation resistance meter so it’s max voltage may well be 1000 volts , this however is most likely limited to 1 milliamp , if there is any chance you will be using this in a work environment you should use GS 38 test leads

The originals would have had straight plugs but these will do the job.

I believe it’s an insulation resistance meter so it’s max voltage may well be 1000 volts , this however is most likely limited to 1 milliamp , if there is any chance you will be using this in a work environment you should use GS 38 test leads

Hi mate I believe it is a insulation resistance and continuity tester. If I'm not mistaken.

At the moment I'm not doing any work as I'm just in Yr 1 college. .. won't be in work for atleast a couple of years.

Can you please send me a link to 1 or 2 reasonabley priced ones that I can use to practice at home with. Don't need GS38 atm. I will need crock leeds too.

Thanks mate

The originals would have had straight plugs but these will do the job.

Hi mate

Thanks for that.

Irs say these are suitable for Insulation Resistance testing. Would it be also good for continuity testing ?

And are the GS38 compliant or not? At this stage I'm not fussed about that.

Hi mate

Thanks for that.

Irs say these are suitable for Insulation Resistance testing. Would it be also good for continuity testing ?

And are the GS38 compliant or not? At this stage I'm not fussed about that.

Absolutely fine for continuity testing yes. And they meet the CAT II/III requirements for connecting to mains voltages, so all good!

You could always try bidding for these in a couple of days time, but it seems someone else is interested unfortunately!

And bear in mind the difference between fused and unused test leads. It can make a difference, depending on what you are testing.

But always an advantage when someone tries to measure current by placing the leads across positive and negative of a supply!

And bear in mind the difference between fused and unused test leads. It can make a difference, depending on what you are testing.

But always an advantage when someone tries to measure current by placing the leads across positive and negative of a supply!
Which do you recommend ?

I'm needing it for college dead testing ?

It doesn't need fused leads, most insulation resistance and continuity testers are normally internally fused for "mishaps".

Indeed. And most multimeters also are fused on their current ranges.

Non-fused leads also avoid any inconsistensy on low ohm ranges when the contacts starting getting aged/tarnished.

I only mentioned it because the ones in the link are fused.

Indeed. And most multimeters also are fused on their current ranges.

Non-fused leads also avoid any inconsistensy on low ohm ranges when the contacts starting getting aged/tarnished.

I only mentioned it because the ones in the link are fused.
The ones in my link aren't. Never used an IR/cont tester with fused leads.

I used to use that exact model the plugs were straight and not angled, definitely not fused.

Reply to Which test leads ? Meter without leads in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net