Discuss Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

condition reports

Hi guys Im after some information and advice please but I no I will probably only get a lot of sarcasm of the usual suspects lol

I joined the NICEIC as domestic installer.

I'm going to carry out commercial work by using kewtech certificate outside of my domestic NICEIC scope

And I would like to do condition reports on kewtech certificates outside of the domestic NICEIC scope

Any 1 do this or give me advice on doing this. I don't have 2391 but I have done condition reports and periodic for years at the old company I was employed and I'm confident in doing so.

I heard I should get indemnity insurance as well as my public liability .

What is indemnity insurance???

Elecsa for me. Found them much more helpful and approachable over the phone. I only get work through recommendation, so the lack of niceic has never been a problem for me.

Re: condition reports

Hi guys Im after some information and advice please but I no I will probably only get a lot of sarcasm of the usual suspects lol

I joined the NICEIC as domestic installer.

I'm going to carry out commercial work by using kewtech certificate outside of my domestic NICEIC scope

And I would like to do condition reports on kewtech certificates outside of the domestic NICEIC scope

Any 1 do this or give me advice on doing this. I don't have 2391 but I have done condition reports and periodic for years at the old company I was employed and I'm confident in doing so.

I heard I should get indemnity insurance as well as my public liability .

What is indemnity insurance???
http://www.markeluk.com/useful-information/what-is-professional-indemnity-insurance.aspx

I am registered with no-one now, I have retired from the construction Industry and now work on maintenance only, no need for any Scheme for my works, especially as it is all commercial/ Industrial. I was registered as a qualifying Manager then Qualifying Supervisor for 18, nearly 19 years with the NICEIC as an approved contractor previously to my retirement though.

i'm registered with my local psychiatric centre, AA, RAC, and find a home for a puppy.

Oh yeah I'm with the AA too, terribly useful when one owns a landrover.

Although I've only ever called them out for the van (it is also a landrover technically, but the gay version)

I am hesitant to say why I wasn't registered with any of the Scams, I believe Scam sums up my thoughts, unfortunately they are the way forward, it's a pity really, IMO they are just a money machine, you pay your money and the stronger they get, not just NICEIC they are all pretty much the same.

Well today I visited elex in Manchester were I was to have meetings with Stroma, my god how shocked I was by what I was told, so on the stroma website you can join there CPS as an electrician, only if you have the relevant qualifications ( of course) and two years experience , NOT that the experience is listed anywhere on there website , so what the hell do the poor buggers do who have paid a training company 3 grand to find they cant join stroma for £288 plus VAT.I tell you what you do go to NICEIC who are really helpful, may cost you a bit more to join but at least your not going to be ripped off as someone new to the industry.
Stroma need a bullet up there rear end, they are falsely advertising there membership of there CPS and I for one will without shadow of a doubt be talking with Trading Standards on this matter.

Well today I visited elex in Manchester were I was to have meetings with Stroma, my god how shocked I was by what I was told, so on the stroma website you can join there CPS as an electrician, only if you have the relevant qualifications ( of course) and two years experience , NOT that the experience is listed anywhere on there website , so what the hell do the poor buggers do who have paid a training company 3 grand to find they cant join stroma for £288 plus VAT.I tell you what you do go to NICEIC who are really helpful, may cost you a bit more to join but at least your not going to be ripped off as someone new to the industry.
Stroma need a bullet up there rear end, they are falsely advertising there membership of there CPS and I for one will without shadow of a doubt be talking with Trading Standards on this matter.

Are you on the wind up?

nope serious, I am currently looking at training as a whole for "potential" electricians, having been on a "quick" course in the past, I found they were pretty much useless, so rightly or wrongly I am prepared to put my money before my mouth and see what can be done in this area, and if that means starting a training business but in the right way then I will, but what I want to do is provide a complete package, hence my discussion with Stroma to see if this could be done and what was required by the industry, then they hit me with the above, which totally threw me.

....so on the stroma website you can join there CPS as an electrician, only if you have the relevant qualifications ( of course) and two years experience , NOT that the experience is listed anywhere on there website

I agree. Can't find the two year requirement anywhere on their website, which is poor.

they cant join stroma for £288 plus VAT.

£288 INC VAT

I tell you what you do go to NICEIC who are really helpful, may cost you a bit more to join but at least your not going to be ripped off as someone new to the industry.

How does imposing a more stringent entry requirement 'rip you off'? You've not paid them any money yet, have you?

I don't think you're going to get far with that.

(Recently transferred over from ELECSA to STROMA and had my first annual assessment with STROMA this week.)

Handy sparks I agree with you. The more I look into all this the more frustrated I become, sorry if I upset anyone or **** them off, but company's shouldn't say one thing and do another, same can be said for training company's. If anyone has serious ideas about qualifications students should be undertaking to ensure they are of benefit to the industry please let me know. City & guilds, eal , logic , how about having experience time in say a simulated 2 up 2 down house with old regulation wiring and same again with 17th.
Just thinking out loud so to speak

I joined Stroma from Elecsa last August. Had to show the usual quals certs, 17th Ed, PL, BYB & OSG and my CV.
Assessment day wasn't too bad showed a c/u upgrade with x 2 new circuits for kitchen extension.
I had to show him my lock off kit and then was asked to describe how to conduct a full RFC test and R1+R2 test on a lighting circuit, and then had to perform Ze, ZS and RCD tests. Also had to answer a few questions about BS7671
The £288 inc VAT registeration fee has paid for itself :rockon:

Reply to Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net