Discuss Who do YOU think reads this forum the most? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who do YOU think reads this forum the most?

• The heavy user who has been here years

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • The light user who is a really good electrician but doesn't post so much

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The newbie to the industry, and to the forum, who's learning still

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • The unregistered reader, who will often never register to anything let alone a forum

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • The admins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The mods

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Vote now mate, you're too quick I hadn't made the poll lol

I'd vote you, if you were an option lol

For me it would be the unregistered DIY user, just browsing the web after trying to fit a new gucci electrical item and cocked it up...

A lot of the time the unregistered lurkers seem to outnumber the registered members, but unregistered members can only view a certain number of threads per day, whereas a registered member can and probably does spend a few hours on here.

A lot of the time the unregistered lurkers seem to outnumber the registered members, but unregistered members can only view a certain number of threads per day, whereas a registered member can and probably does spend a few hours on here.

Unregistered readers can often read an unlimited number of publicly-viewable threads. Only every now and again do I need to lock the forum down a bit to stop solicitors and marketing firms and whatnot using the forum to collect info. Very few times do I do that though as it does interrupt the natural flow of readers becoming registered members.

I'm guessing there's a 'point' to this, like it's going to be revealed the mods and admins (I don't really understand the difference) read the forum the most and we should all be grateful for that, or the collective general public read the forum the most so we should all watch what we say.

DIYer isn't an option in its own right. Any choice out of the options that are there?

No why have you left out the irritating DIYers ?

Very convenient !

I took a weeks ban ( No complaint I deserved it ) for one of them Divvies and yet the forum gods do nothing to filter them, just to remind everyone.............

This forum front page says for 'Electricains'

But you do nothing.............I rest my case

J

I'm guessing that not much can be done regarding DIYers as we would have to have a vetting procedure in place to prove your an electrician. It wouldn't work. Tel, Tony, Malcolm, E54 and others are struggling to remember what day of the week it is, never mind where they left their hand carved indentures!

I'm guessing that not much can be done regarding DIYers as we would have to have a vetting procedure in place to prove your an electrician. It wouldn't work. Tel, Tony, Malcolm, E54 and others are struggling to remember what day of the week it is, never mind where they left their hand carved indentures!

You leave their dentures out of this....

No why have you left out the irritating DIYers ?

Very convenient !

I took a weeks ban ( No complaint I deserved it ) for one of them Divvies and yet the forum gods do nothing to filter them, just to remind everyone.............

This forum front page says for 'Electricains'

But you do nothing.............I rest my case

J

Welcome back Jimmy. Now, play nice!

well id say its the established members if your going hours wise,you might have a good few hundred a day who will take a peak,buts its the members who put the hours in so therefore read it the most.

The question wasn't about DIYers. Plus, they could fall under a couple of those categories above.

And the largest amount of traffic we serve is to the unregistered reader, so they read the forum the most collectively. So the 4th option down the list is the correct answer there.

It's those that we need to make the forum look attractive for generally, because there will be a whole load of electricians that are unregistered who read the forum. We hope they then register and contribute content, which then gets read by more unregistered readers, and a percentage of those register, and it keeps going on.

You kill a forum when posts aren't created for whatever reason.

So my thread asking people to post more new threads was genuine and I have no ulterior motif. It would just be cool if people were not afraid to post new threads which is what seems to be the case a lot of times. Too many times.

I'll often take a look down at the bottom of the front page to see who is online (not because I have a sad and empty life before you lot start hehe) I've often noticed that the viewing guests outnumber the registered members. That said though the regulars put in a hell of a lot of man hours

So my thread asking people to post more new threads was genuine and I have no ulterior motif. It would just be cool if people were not afraid to post new threads which is what seems to be the case a lot of times. Too many times.

I'm assuming that you want experienced sparks to be answering the questions raised by these new threads Dan, and if so, unfortunately we do get a bit fed up with some of the inane arguments we find ourselves getting into with certain people. Of course we don't want to put people off asking questions, but we do like a little bit of respect for all the free time we give trying to help others.
There are plenty of forums out there with only DIY "experts" and frankly some of the things I've read make me very worried. It's all about balance really, and I think this forum strikes a fairly good one.

Reply to Who do YOU think reads this forum the most? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net