Currently reading:
Why it's worth paying a decent amount for a proper PAT Test

Discuss Why it's worth paying a decent amount for a proper PAT Test in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't think I'm going to bother splashing out on a new CoP. There are electricians doing PAT testing without ever having seen a copy of any CoP, and I don't see that it will have changed much. I could probably borrow one from the library or get the gist of it from the internet (eg here) for less than 30 quid.
It seems the rules on PAT are being relaxed if anything anyway.

So whats the difference then between old and new that cannot be put on the back of a beer mat or the next time a guy gets assesed by a Schemie he gets pulled up

oldtimer you want to have look at my professional pat testing service documenatation and give me your thoughts and expierience,,, oif so pm me your email

Well I done my first job yesterday and 50 items took ages. So how do these guys input data so quickly ,I know probably type into tester but , what about moving appliance aand looking for rating plate and all . It is a slow job

I did a job yesterday and it took me over 5 minutes to un load a beer fridge before I could get to the plug. there were 4 of them to do! I did get some help from the customer but 1 item a minute is not realistic!

Reply to Why it's worth paying a decent amount for a proper PAT Test in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock