Discuss Why just why ... Part P .. you take care but others dont in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

I have recently carried out a rewire on a bungalow , and the customer has asked if i could make sure all the cables were not over the beams as she wants to board the loft , no problem as i try to do that any way so nice loom along the eves at one end and all the cables clipped so as to not be on the beams not one hole cut in the ceiling joists ,they were only 3x2 so really not a good idea , so after she decides to have central heating put in and has said to the plumber exactly what she said to me , so what did he do yep cut 11/2 out of every ceiling joist from one end to the other so the pipes could be below the top of the joists i couldnt belive what he'd dont ,, well there is one thing if the ceiling colapses it wont be my door they are knocking on !!!!!!:mad:

look on the bright side, nick. if you had notched the joists for your cables, the plumber would have laid his hot pipes on top of the cables, don't you just love plumbers!

Last edited:
There is an old saying that plumbers are electricians with their brains removed. And time after time we are reminded that that is really so…lol :D

Reply to Why just why ... Part P .. you take care but others dont in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all We've had some works done in our kitchen which has involved fitting a new cooker circuit, installing some downlights to replace ceiling...
Replies
Views
So a quick catch up so you can get an idea… I was asked to do a job for another electrician, as he is too busy. I’m busy myself but said I’d...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope nobody minds that my first post is a question. We have a bit of a situation brewing at home with regards to our new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock