Discuss WI Hall heating advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
After a bit of advice please, been doing some work for ladies of a WI group and they have asked me to look at the heating / electricity consumption in their WI hall.
The Hall is a concrete sectional building, last year they had an insulated roof put on, but for insulation that's about it. For services, only an electric supply
The existing heaters are Claudgen ltd Model No H6351 1500watts. There's 8 heaters in the main hall area and 1 in the kitchen and these all hang from the ceiling and all turned on individually by 1 switch per heater currently turned on by using a 3 foot wooden pole ....obviously.

From speaking to the lady I'm dealing with the groups that use the hall give no thought to saving energy and probably have heat on for the duration of their meeting. The Hall is currently rented out for 25 hours per week and is used approximately 45 weeks a year.
The electric bill was £900 last year. (the winter quarter was £482)
Obviously with prices going crazy at the moment they are keen to see what can be done before winter, ( I know it's only June :) )

So my thinking is these
https://consortepl.com/wp-content/uploads/HE6351-HE6343-Twinzone-Radiant-Heater-0215.pdf
Are the current up to date equivalent of what they currently have, the only difference being that they can be used with a controller
https://www.consortepl.com/portfolio-item/slti-wireless-controller/

Open to suggestions and advice, i guess suggesting swapping the current heaters for the same model but newer, with the only difference being the controller might be something for them to discuss.

The other thing I noticed when I was there they are currently running fluorescent lighting so LED would be the way to go on this.

Thanks in advance
Andy

If they're anything like our local WI, there should be enough hot air produced to heat the building without using electricity.
The existing heaters are 100% efficient at converting electricity into heat, and any newer ones would be the same. If they have the heaters on less, then obviously consumption will go down, but the room will have less heating.
They would probably be better served by addressing draughts and some kind of wall/ window insulation.

If they have the heaters on less, then obviously consumption will go down, but the room will have less heating.
They would probably be better served by addressing draughts and some kind of wall/ window insulation.
Thanks for the reply, that's the thing, the other groups that use the hall don't think like that, they turn the heaters in when it;s cold and that's it. So by adding the controller , they could have the temp set, the down side being they would need to upgrade all the heaters for the controllers wireless as the current ones are pre wireless.

Andy

Reply to WI Hall heating advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net