Discuss Wireless cctv camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A friend wants to catch a naughty neighbour, causing problems. It only needs to be a simple system, with one camera recording the evidence. Their drive is about 3 metres to the road, with street lighting. I've suggested a wireless system, as they've just decorated and laid new flooring. I see that WF Senate are selling a system - Smart-I - that seems to have some App you can use, I have no idea about these products. They just need to be able to record the naughty neighbour getting up to no good.

Can anyone advise or recommend a reasonably priced system?

If they are going to use it as evidence for the police then this may dictate some kind of system. I did hear some things that are needed but it may be only gossip. Best is for someone in the know to actually tell you rather than me guessing. Hope you get what you want mate.

Yep it's not serious enough to go to court, but a word in his shell like, might suffice. I've read one of the threads below about security concerns using cctv cameras by via the net, but I've read in the media, that's due to not using suitable passwords.

Last edited:
I did hear of one guy in a Block of Flats, having kids jump on his car. So he put a Camera facing the car, and shows the kidds jumping on it. But the Camera was POINT at PUBLIC LAND, so no charges.

note though that wireless cctv is only wireless on the signal. the camera still needs a hard wired power supply, usually 12V.

I did hear of one guy in a Block of Flats, having kids jump on his car. So he put a Camera facing the car, and shows the kidds jumping on it. But the Camera was POINT at PUBLIC LAND, so no charges.

No problems with public land or your own land you need pemmision to use it on private land but most systems can mask off any areas you dont have pemmision to view

Dont you also need to put up WARNIGN SIGNS.. CCTV in this AREA etc

Not in a domestic situation its mainly covered by the Data Protection Act which contains an exemption for domestic use. A housholder who has a camera on there property for personal use would not be covered by the data protection act even if it over looks public areas.This also covers camcorders,mobiles,tablets etc with recording devices.
Its a different ball game with comercial infact its a minefield best left to experts.

guessing you read the same thing i did after you posted No7

Trying to get Footage of me at Football Game, as the Police/Club seemed to focused in,
Can i get a copy of it!

Reply to Wireless cctv camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net