Discuss wiring a toggle switch into homemade arcade machine? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

BazookaJo

DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a homemade arcade machine that houses a PC that I currently switch on from the mains - this is connected to an internal smart extension with the master socket conncted to a PC. Thus the PC controls the power to the lights/monitor/amp etc. (there is a secondary on/off switch which boots/shuts down the PC).

I am wanting to add an On-Off DPST Toggle Switch to sit between the mains and the internal extension. Is 250V AC 15A okay for the job?

Also, as there are only 4 connectors on the DPST am I simply okay for the earth to bypass the switch i.e. extension earth directly to mains earth?

Thanks in advance

Joe.

That would be a normal way to do it, switch the Land N
earth cable should never be switched.

Reply to wiring a toggle switch into homemade arcade machine? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Currently I have a spur from the ring main, but I'm planning on adding more sockets. I can't add a 13 amp fuse because I expect to be using more...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help would be appreciated! I am residing on a canal boat and the toggle switch which turns the engine off stopped working. Looking at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock