Discuss Wiring Day Time running lights in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

Zfusion

Guys

I'm trying to get the LEDs on this 7 inch headlamp to come on with the engine. I have an existing DRL module but when the blue cable is connected up the LEDs stay on with the battery (without the engine switched on )
It can be connected as parking but I want it to be on the ignition. It seems the ground on the low/high beams are the same being used by the LEDs. Any ideas on what I can do to achieve that? I'm sure I'm missing something quite fundamental. The instructions from the seller just said to connect it to the engine. That doesn't work either. The H4 connector picture is attached.

H4.png

This is possible but you will have to be careful that you do not 'upset' the ecu in the process, as above.
Are the lamps additional or part of existing circuits.

Most of these DLR setups work on a feed from the battery and a wire from the headlamp.
The headlamp wire is to turn the DLR off when the headlamps are on. Thy cause dazzle at night otherwise.
The DLR module uses the battery voltage to switch the lights on and off.
When the engine starts and the alternator charge kicks in the battery voltage rises and this triggers the lights to come on. When you turn the engine off the voltage drops and the lights go off. With a good run and a healthy battery the DLRs may stay on for some minutes after the engine is turned off. that's normal.

Reply to Wiring Day Time running lights in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice on the wiring for a new ceiling light. I have taken down the original light, and I'm left with the wiring in the image...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
I'm installing an LED light bar and can't find a suitable power source for the relay coil I have all the parts I need and enough know-how...
Replies
Views
I have an outbuilding a fair distance from the house. In this outbuilding I just want to have some lights, a small music radio/clock, and a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock