Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Wiring layout for bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

schmores

-
DIY
Reaction score
Can someone take a look at the below and let me know if you see any issues with what I'm planning on doing?

The image is the stud work I am adding to the back wall of the bathroom.

Screen_Shot_2014_01_07_at_11_31_45.png

The shower mixer (top left) is going to be exposed (for access) and sat behind a mirror with lighting in it. The red lines are the power to both.

The waste pump (bottom left) will be exposed (for access) and sat behind a vanity unit sink. The pipework next to it is the hot and cold feed from the thermal store and the waste pipe from the sink, the T's will be attached to flexible tap connectors and the waste to the sink trap. The pump is Zone 1 rated.

Are the positions of these items in relation to the water supplies acceptable? The sink sits over 60cm away from the pump above and all of the wiring will be fed through the stud into areas closed off with aqua panel and tanking.

All of the wiring will of course terminate out of the bathroom (in an airing cupboard next door).

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom.

sorry not qualified to make any comment on the electrical installation, but can I ask if that is a digital shower mixer/pump unit. I'm looking for a digital mixer with options of diverter outlet options. What is the unit you choose and can I ask what made the decision for you.
Regards
Martin.

Thats correct onion. I appreciate it could be a drip route so I am planning on actually running them down to floor level and then up into the pump.

Any thoughts on the design? Ok?

Thanks,

Tom.

Wow like all the detail. Looks good fitted the pumped option last week great showers. Can you not get the mixing unit in the loft or airing cupboard if there local save you a lot of work with stud work ect

The store is yet to be fitted but I understand from the contractors installing it that will be 80% mains pressure so I am assuming it will be more than sufficient. That said you have got me wondering and I am going to grab a pressure tester from screwfix tomorrow.

Getting 14/l a minute at the kitchen sink which is fed directly from the mains but no idea on the bar.

I would love to locate everything outside the bathroom but its a concrete ceiling / floor construction (with another flat above) and the airing cupboard is too far away as it would put both the waste pump and mixer outside of their working distance from the shower...

Thanks for all the help and for the comments on the drawing, always like to be completely prepared for something this complicated. :)

Just 3 more walls and the rest of the house to sketch out and fix!

Reply to Wiring layout for bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net