Discuss Wiring LED Kitchen Lights to a 3 Pin UK Plug, How? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scuttlebroom

Hello

I have purchased a set of 3 individual LED Low voltage - 12 Volt, comes with 1 x low energy MR11 LED lamp. And these come with a 7w LED Driver transformer.

Now I simply need to add a 3pin UK plug to the transformer, and I have asked the company supplying the lights, what fuse rating to use and they said either a 3amp or 5amp fuse.

I wondered which fuse rating would be best, as they will be 3 lights Here is the actual product: Pack of 3, LED Overhead Swan Neck Cabinet Lights Including Transformer , in a line through one transformer as well as a remote control dimmer, here is the product: Dimmer For LED Tape | Simple Lighting Company

I am presuming all I need to do is to wire the transformer to the UK 3 pin plug that has either a 3amp or a 5amp fuse, as I an simply screwing the lights to the top of the cabinets, and then attaching them to the dimmer and then the transformer, and dropping the plug wire through a gap I have next to the cupboards and plugging into the plug socket underneath the cabinets, this means I can simply switch them on as and when I require without the need to run my ugly overhead fluorescent tube! (It is a social housing flat, so can't simply replace this!)

This is the plug I was thinking about: PT133W-MS Masterplug 3 Amp Fused Plug - Robert Dyas -

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, it is a long time since I had to add a plug, and I want to make sure I buy the correct one!

Cheers

Scuttlebroom

Last edited by a moderator:
Pug:

pug.jpegnot sure what fuse these require.

just follow manufacturer's instructions. make sure the dimmer is on the correct side of the transformer. 3A fuse.

Reply to Wiring LED Kitchen Lights to a 3 Pin UK Plug, How? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net