Search the forum,

Discuss Wot a job to start back to in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As if any of this work is going to be done!! You're living in cloud cuckoo land, it's been in place for several years now and changing it all around now (apart from costing an absolute fortune) just isn't going to happen. You'll be disrupting every homeowner in the building in the process too.

Any code 1's or 2's non compliances you'll have to prove. The SWA method of termination will only warrant a code 3 at best, this is only a thoroughly bad practice, rather than a non conformance. The only real possibility of a fail coding i can see from the brief overview that i've read here, will be in the SWA sizing to the further most apartments if were talking about a 4 storey building, but again, you'll have to prove that by calculation. If as stated, there are already 3 DNO fuses in place, then changing the existing isolators for switch fuses is pretty pointless, how many fuses of different ratings do you want in series?? lol!!

One more point, are those DNO split concentric cables 35mm?? They sure don't look like 35mm to me....

You are quoting some assumptions from other poster's eng
. I appreciate the input .
I've not say'd anything along the lines of 35mm concentric , or changing switch gear.
I agree, my client will not grant the works for cost reasons I'm sure , she may well one of them I have 1 more client in this building ! Unfortunately ( I don't mean that ) . Tbh in respect of everything else you say I agree solely . I was going to struggle to code as two as really no imminent, or real potential for danger . Just quite a bit! of non conformance issues .
You have highlighted my biggest problem hear , as there is more than just my couple of flats hear and not to much space for a good rectify job to be done on one hear and one there ( sub main ) , just no space available the DNO has not made life easy for me either

Just a note I think !!! DNO cable is 16mm

My money is on a Lucy/Ryefield/Bemco unit at the incomer.
100a fuse per supply and 80a in the series 7 units adj. meters.
You will possibly not be able to access this as it will/should have a DNO suite padlock.

Oh, and D.I. is Detective Inspector :biggrin5: (Think Taggart)

Boydy
Thats my boy(dy) - think like a Scot.

BTW I thought DI meant Electrical Trainee?!

You are quoting some assumptions from other poster's eng
. I appreciate the input .
I've not say'd anything along the lines of 35mm concentric , or changing switch gear.
I agree, my client will not grant the works for cost reasons I'm sure , she may well one of them I have 1 more client in this building ! Unfortunately ( I don't mean that ) . Tbh in respect of everything else you say I agree solely . I was going to struggle to code as two as really no imminent, or real potential for danger . Just quite a bit! of non conformance issues .
You have highlighted my biggest problem hear , as there is more than just my couple of flats hear and not to much space for a good rectify job to be done on one hear and one there ( sub main ) , just no space available the DNO has not made life easy for me either

Just a note I think !!! DNO cable is 16mm

Exactly, i was commenting on those that were commenting on what they thought needed upgrading and what they would do within that intake space.

Well if you're sure about it!! But it seems like an awful lot of bolts to remove, just to get at a single blown fuse to me!!!

If you look at the pic, 2 bolts (point of sealing for mops) on top its split that top half is where all the multi ways are, the bottom half is were its all bolted DNO domaine.

Ye absolutely code 3 .

These flats are 2008 so I'm toll'd on the surface looks good but in loft space no clipping at al, lighting wired really peculiarly in old type giant minstrel type jb's , DB's untidy , wrong polarity sockets earths dropping out of everything . Lights switch wires missing

Some of the flats have been lived I for 3yrs

The lighting in basement car park is flex! Nock in nail clips on concrete ceiling with wood used as wall plugs?!?!

Shambles

Reply to Wot a job to start back to in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock