Discuss Wylex NB20 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

If anyone's got an NB20 type 2 (the really old ones) kicking around they could sell me kindly PM me.....Need one following a small job today (pond socket back to back with an inside socket). Recently refurbed house,lots of electrics done, NAPIT cert showing all tests, including as expected r1,rn and r2 results. Only when I tested I got open circuit on all 3. So much for NAPIT certs,toilet paper this particular one.
After much deliberation it was decided to reduce the present 30a mcb on the circuit to a 20a and see how it goes....might not be viable as the kitchen is on it along with most of the rest of the house,if there are problems then we'll look at splitting to two radials ,but client reluctant to spend any time/money on it.

Might have one, I'll check and post back ( does it have to be 20, or would a 15 do?).

....sorry, only a 15 but it's yours if it's any use.

Last edited:
I fitted a 3 phase one of them a few months ago, I just picked it up from the wholesalers.
If you're anywhere near a branch then try Wilson's electrical distributors, they had a selection of them on the shelf when I was looking for one

Thanks fella's...yes seen them on ebay at silly money,but if that's all I can find it will have to be. Annoying because I've got every other rating in the store bar 20a !!

Reply to Wylex NB20 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
Came into work today with a fairly urgent requirement to install an instant hot water handwash unit in a small commercial kitchenette/servery -...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock