Discuss Y plan for Vaillant eco tec 424 plus boiler in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mick36

Hi
I am new on here, I have recently had a new Vaillant eco tec 424 plus boiler replacing my old knackered Ideal Classic. It was installed by an advanced Vaillant engineer. It is a Y plan system and the problem is that although it works when the programmer is calling for heat or water it works fine, but when the programmer timer finishes the pump goes off but the boiler does not switch off. It continues to fire up and cool down continuously and the radiators upstairs stay warm, eventually the boiler goes into fault 83 mode and switches the boiler off. I had a Vaillant engineer come and look at it and he tells me that it as not been wired correctly as no pump override wire as been installed. The installer says that he as wired it correctly. Therefore does anyone on here have a Y plan for this boiler so that I can check who is right before i blow my top. The new programmer is a Honeywell ST9420C and the room stat is a wireless Honeywell DT92E. I would be most grateful for advice.
Thankyou

Hi Mick and welcome , I have pre approved your post to try and get you some answers, but Admin may move it to the Diy section when they are next online.

A standard Y plan with pump over run. Instead of the pump connecting up with the orange of the valve and normally closed of the cylinder thermostat it should be connected to the pump terminal in the boiler.

Reply to Y plan for Vaillant eco tec 424 plus boiler in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had to wire in an extra 2 port valve today to protect a newly installed unvented cylinder (replacing the old gravity fed one) in a standard Y...
Replies
Views
It has become a common occurrence that my boiler is failing to respond when the thermostat kicks in. I hear an audible click from the heatlink...
Replies
Views
Hi all (new here), I recently had a boiler service and they mentioned that the wiring looks wrong. Boiler otherwise in good condition. I've seen...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I was wondering if any of you nice chaps could lend me some advice. So I have an open vented heating system with a 3 port valve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock