Discuss yellow? insulated drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Finch

been on a site today and the sparks all seemed to be using near enough all yellow insulated drivers, anyone shed any light on these? just curious as usually red or orange etc :confused: and never noticed in wholsalers before that we look after

I've never seen those before but could it be that they're just a different colour?
Saying that I remember at college they mentioned orange ones which are actually approved for live working.

i use bahco there all orange very nice drivers too, ive also got a few wickes tools and there very good for the price not sure about all yellow though

All insulated tools to just about any spec worldwide (ANSI, VDU etc) will be rated for 1000V.
This does not neccessarilly mean that they are approved for live working.
The only tools that are approved for live working, have no metal parts in the handles or shafts, and are known as insulating.

theres ones available that are made using a special no spark alloy, like the kind you would use in a refinery, they dont spark if you hammer them into brick or drop them,very expensive and only really used in mines and petrochemical etc, quite difficult to buy as well as they are special order....dont think it will be them unless the company bought in a load and issued them out for a previous job...which I doubt...
Apart from that I know that SNA PON tools (USA and UK) sell screwdrivers with yellow handles, have they bought over a famous orange handled company with the fish n hook picture ? sure I heard that somewhere... theres salesmen go round sites and sell these and if they are appealing, a lot of tradesmen pull out their wallet and add to their collection of tools...

theres ones available that are made using a special no spark alloy, like the kind you would use in a refinery, they dont spark if you hammer them into brick or drop them,very expensive and only really used in mines and petrochemical etc, quite difficult to buy as well as they are special order....dont think it will be them unless the company bought in a load and issued them out for a previous job...which I doubt...
Apart from that I know that SNA PON tools (USA and UK) sell screwdrivers with yellow handles, have they bought over a famous orange handled company with the fish n hook picture ? sure I heard that somewhere... theres salesmen go round sites and sell these and if they are appealing, a lot of tradesmen pull out their wallet and add to their collection of tools...

oh i have spent a fortune on that there snap on van its like an alladins cave of tools on wheels, i love thier ratchet screwdriver, last time i was on they were also selling bahco pliers and cutters

There is some all yellow ones on ebay they dont look the best not even worth putting a link up. There made by globemaster is anyones that bored and wants a look.

Just spotted a nearly all yellow Faithfull vde set so could be them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if the yellow VDE drivers you were talking about are like mine (on right) if so, they are equally as good as CK in my opinion and better than Irazola, only in the fact that they don't bend (twist under torque) more girthy also..haha. Lightest and cheapest of the bunch also.

P1050399.jpg

P1050398-1.jpg

Faithfull VDE Set at around £12 !!! I use them on site work, currently on ebay and cheapest from M.K.Tools. Don't care too much if they go walkies at this price.

i know these were definately all yellow, with maybe a hint of green and grey on them, look similar to the ck ones in shape, as for the 12 quid ones ill take a look, sick of buying expensive gear for it to go walkies

Reply to yellow? insulated drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net