Discuss You need scrambled brains to sort this! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Knobhead

This was posted on one of the other forums I go on. Just see if you can work out this fault (it's been on a bit of a body building course).

Dear Sirs,

In our plant we have 2no.s substations no.1 substation has a main switchboard with 2no.s11/.44KV 1600KVA tx They connected to switchboard by 2no.s acbs and a bustie. No.2 substation has no tx it is supplyed by 2no.s acbs from substation 1 it has bestie. I have removed bustie nutral at substation 1 all single ph thing are fed from substation 2 bustie open with nutral. The earth abcs at no1 swichboard keep trips they feed switchboard2
Can you help pleasse

There have been a couple of threads in the last few weeks with exactly the same fault. I’ll post a drawing later but that would give the game away to quickly. You have to try and picture it from the description.

E54 and Malcolm are not allowed to answer.

In our plant we have 2no.s substations no.1 substation has a main switchboard with 2no.s11/.44KV 1600KVA tx They connected to switchboard by 2no.s acbs and a bustie. No.2 substation has no tx it is supplyed by 2no.s acbs from substation 1 it has bestie. I have removed bustie nutral at substation 1 all single ph thing are fed from substation 2 bustie open with nutral. The earth abcs at no1 swichboard keep trips they feed switchboard2

That is a description!!! I would try to answer but know I would just look foolish.
However for Ian from the urban dictionary: bustie - a girl who puts out
It is starting to look like a better description but I can't imagine why he removed them or what they are like when open with nutral!

Quote "I have removed bustie nutral at substation 1"

Does that mean there isn't a neutral being supplied to sub-station 2 where all the "single ph thing are fed from"

Meaning that the earthing is being used as a return path for all the SP loads causing the ACB's to trip???

Quote "I have removed bustie nutral at substation 1"

Does that mean there isn't a neutral being supplied to sub-station 2 where all the "single ph thing are fed from"

Meaning that the earthing is being used as a return path for all the SP loads causing the ACB's to trip???

Nope!

You think this board is a headache, we have these all the time! Half the fun is trying to fathom out just what the OP is on about.

PS your warm, but no coconut. You'll kick you're self when I show the drawing.

Substation 2 is getting it's 3 phases from ACB1 whilst the neutral is returning on ACB2 due to the bus-coupler being open giving unbalanced loads as they're 1P???

thats kinda the route im thinking, the lost neutral situation, neutral currents returning via the metalwork. Does this system incorporate phase failure relays that would shunt trip the ACB on voltage imbalance?
where are the neutral-earth bonds for the star point of the tx? if any

Reply to You need scrambled brains to sort this! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock