Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

G
Hi all, just wondered if anybody can give me with a bit of advice, i registered last year with a scheme provider and my re assesment is due in the...
Replies
Views
monkeyelectric
M
Hi. In regards to a 1way light switch that has a loop installed at the switch can I simply install a new switch and put the loop wires in l2 and...
Replies
Views
Just had a customer been refused by dno to change to an ec7 meter/tariff they said they dont do it. Is this right? Cant see how this can be the case?
Replies
Views
Looking for advice to add a relay to a well pump timer. 1/2 hp 230v submersible @750’. The timer is rated at 10amp. 1578238119 Does anyone have...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Am checking a fault on someone elses install which is about 18 months old. Customer says it starts and operates ok then he stops to...
Replies
Views
radiohead
R
Hi all, looking for recommendations for an earth leakage test meter for RCD work that doesnt cost a fortune. Thanks in advance.
Replies
Views
D
I want to use powerline networking to replace my wireless network. Does anyone know if they use just the neutral to send the signal? I have a an...
Replies
Views
I have come across a failed SPD, I thought I would take it apart and post pics for people to discuss. It appears to work by melting an alloy or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a question regarding the breaking capacity of circuit protective devices. So, the breaking capacity rating of devices in domestic...
Replies
Views
B
Fine for removing main seals and fuse £5.. Not end of the world is it?
Replies
Views
A.W.Maxwell
A
M
Hi its been done before but no real serios answers anyone used the bosch studfinder with any great success Cheers
Replies
Views
H
A customer wants an extra socket installed in the living room. Carpets have been laid and they don't want them lifted. There is 1 double socket on...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone has any funny stories regarding first aid training. I was asked to dothe course at my old department about 10 years...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The title says it all really, was just looking for opinions on the best looking class 2 light switches e.g. for a circuit without an...
Replies
Views
H
Intercom not working on electric gates installation. 2 seperate gates with 2 intercoms in parallel and one phone operating from the 2 comms...
Replies
Views
bigbaddave
B
well i guess `money`s too tight to mention` for some... surveyed a job this afternoon.....well an `electrician`...lol....an electrician had been...
Replies
Views
Hi, has anyone recently registered with NAPIT? If so, how long did you have to wait from when you applied, until your on site assessment?
Replies
Views
Hello, does anybody know where I can get hold of and old VOLEX MCB in this style??? 20A Thanks Lewis
Replies
Views
J
I am doing some wiring in Southern Spain. I discovery that blue wires can be live here-thought I share this one with you all! Based on the age of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Is there a page on here where electrician can trade stuff to each other? Help out with cheap materials with fellow electrician will be a...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock