Search the forum,

Discuss 100ms time delay rcd on main domestic unit?g in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ok, i just paid a replacement spark £250 to rectify problems and issue landlord cert. as i said, i dont mind paying for work done competently.
the probs the 1st company listed, turns out was a pile of crap. I asked first company for a refund but have not heard from them.
I need opinioins as to what I should do next, here is the email I sent to the first company.
I have had to hire another electrician to do the job since I never heard back from you with a quote or any interest in following up the job. I am quite unhappy that I have had to repeately chase you up in this manner and have had such difficulty getting answers to my questions.

Most troubling is the fact that there is incomplete and innacurate form filling of the report e.g. there is no ring end to end readings yet you have a derived an r1 and r2. As you are aware, this is not possible - and it is defninitely not acceptable on an official document.

There is a sentence on line one which does not make sense.

You failed items as C2 the extension cables under floor which I specifically stated to the workman when I pointed them out to him that I would remove, there and then, if it was considered a fail. He said, there was no need, he would only mark it as advisory not a fail, however it was marked as a fail in the report. So which is it? was the electrician incompetent for telling me that the cable was not a fail or was he right and but you decide to make it a fail on the form anyway?

I have been advised, that for a 4 bed house, it should have taken the better part of an entire day to do the job, not the 3 hours it took, so the job could not have been even done properly.

You have not used the latest, most appropriate form for a domestic inspection. it should have been a domestic installation condition reportnot a periodic inspection report.

In light of this situation, I am requesting that you refund me the £80 fee you charged me since I did not get what I paid for.

ok, i just paid a replacement spark £250 to rectify problems and issue landlord cert. as i said, i dont mind paying for work done competently.
the probs the 1st company listed, turns out was a pile of crap. I asked first company for a refund but have not heard from them.
I need opinioins as to what I should do next, here is the email I sent to the first company.
I have had to hire another electrician to do the job since I never heard back from you with a quote or any interest in following up the job. I am quite unhappy that I have had to repeately chase you up in this manner and have had such difficulty getting answers to my questions.

Most troubling is the fact that there is incomplete and innacurate form filling of the report e.g. there is no ring end to end readings yet you have a derived an r1 and r2. As you are aware, this is not possible - and it is defninitely not acceptable on an official document.

You failed items as C2 the extension cables under floor which I specifically stated to the workman when I pointed them out to him that I would remove, there and then, if it was considered a fail. He said, there was no need, he would only mark it as advisory not a fail, however it was marked as a fail in the report. So which is it? was the electrician incompetent for telling me that the cable was not a fail or was he right and but you decide to make it a fail on the form anyway?

I have been advised, that for a 4 bed house, it should have taken the better part of an entire day to do the job, not the 3 hours it took, so the job could not have been even done properly.

You have not used the latest, most appropriate form for a domestic inspection. it should have been a domestic installation condition reportnot a periodic inspection report.

In light of this situation, I am requesting that you refund me the £80 fee you charged me since I did not get what I paid for.

Unfortunately the £80 you paid for a report on a 4 bedroom house was far too little to be done correctly. This is a days work including doing the report IMHO.

The best thing you can do is spread the word (constructively) about the first company not delivering.

Unfortunately,you have now found out why most Eicrs are printed on bog roll and carried out by bog roll producers

There is massive widespread use of bog roll services,with a unrealistic lowest price society. its not economic for most competent testers to compete against the bog roll industry and the bog roll operatives who do this type of work

It would be giant leap forward for societies electrical installations if "God forbid" these inspections were to be one day carried out by skilled electricians instead of the bog roll industry

You do have end to end readings for the ring's. The loft ring might not be a ring, it's on a 16A MCB. Perfectly acceptable, if the mains board is marked up Loft Ring, then all he has done is copied down what the board schedule is.

I think you're been way too harsh on the spark. If everybody expects all the faults and issues sorting when carrying out an EICR then there would be no money to be made or they would cost an arm and a leg. We see an EICR an opportunity to offer a free quote to rectify any problems that are found and ALWAYS explain the results to the customer, Which is what your spark should of done.

250 was for cert and remedial work including connecting the new earth bond and installing new consumer unit.
i dont think im being to hard on the 1st one, there were many errors with the paperwork the new one pointed out, eg. the loft is marked as a ring on the eicr but its a radial, i could go on.

Reply to 100ms time delay rcd on main domestic unit?g in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock