Discuss Adblocking Software in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
You might see a notice such as; Adblock Plus detected! Please help support discussions by disabling ad-blocking software while browsing the plumbing forum, or whitelist our domain nameukplumbersforums.co.uk

If you do, and you don't wish to whitelist our forum (to show ads) then let me know and I'll find a work-around so that the message only shows a couple of times and then never again, or something.

The forum provides everything it does for free, and lots of people are blocking ads, which usually pay for the running costs. An ever-increasing amount of browsers and anti-virus software and the likes now come with ad-blocking as standard and turned on by default. And not all users will be aware of this.

I don't mind people blocking ads, if that's what they want to do. But I do want people to only knowingly block ads. If you choose to, that's fine. But if you didn't even know it, then give us a chance. Our forum isn't littered with ads by any means. And once you post a couple of times there's next to zero ads anyway.

So keep in touch. And we'll work on this together to keep the forum free, and to keep your browsing experience an awesome one.

I'd prefer to block adds.

Even with addblock software I still see the adverts in the forum 'area' headers. I don't mind those at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the header ad, it's pop ups I use it for mainly. How do I whitelist the forum ? I must admit, getting rid of that red and yellow box and allowing me to block ads would be preferable.

I don't mind the header ad, it's pop ups I use it for mainly. How do I whitelist the forum ? I must admit, getting rid of that red and yellow box and allowing me to block ads would be preferable.

I'd prefer to block adds.

Even with addblock software I still see the adverts in the forum 'area' headers. I don't mind those at all.
get ublock adblock is crap, you will still get popups because anyone can pay adblock to whitelist there obtrusive popups so there not blocked.

ublock works a lot better and right-clicking it then disable on this site works

(right-click on adblock then disable on this site to add it to the whitelist)

Whitelist the forum. For your account, you wouldn't see Google ads anyway. You've posted over 10 posts (hahaha) so it's not really applicable. It depends on the adblock software type and browser you're using, but in the settings, you should find a whitelist area where you enter domains of trusted websites etc - I inststalled Adblock Plus and it was a one-click button that says "Disabled on this site" I change that to "Enabled on this site".

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 17.39.39.png

I have 2 running installed myself ... I appreciate the need for advertising income to help the forum but find them irritating and taking up screen when they are about.

I believe my continued input into the forum also for free helping as many members as I can is my part in helping the forum increase in size and popularity and the ad's can stay with those taking from the forum rather than giving :)

I've just disabled Adblock on my computer and it's made bugger all difference, can't see any ads.
May as well leave it off.

Again, you have a high post count so the Google Ads aren't targeting you anyway. You use the forum that much, statistically you'd get ad-blind anyway and skip right past them. So I removed them for anybody who's posted like 10 times or more.

I have 2 running installed myself ... I appreciate the need for advertising income to help the forum but find them irritating and taking up screen when they are about.

I believe my continued input into the forum also for free helping as many members as I can is my part in helping the forum increase in size and popularity and the ad's can stay with those taking from the forum rather than giving :)

That's a brilliant way to look at it. :)

Also, the ads wont show to you anyway. You have the sponsors images (which are manually inserted images that are links, rather than anything automated like Google Adsense/Adwords) and that's pretty much it.

Again, the ads are for those with 10 or less posts in the main part on this forum. So the message is mainly for them.

But if you have the ablock on, and don't want to whitelist the forum, I might need to tweak the message a bit so it doesn't show for those with 11 or more posts.

Reply to Adblocking Software in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net