Discuss ALFASOL 3 Solar Heating Controller in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I came across this controller that is used to heat a tank located in the loft of a house.
The controller seems to be faulty as all 3 temperature sensors are reading -20 deg C.
I cannot find any documentation on this controller and wondered if anyone has come across it.
Do you know where I can get a manual? Search on the internet returns nothing surprisingly.

I have changed one of the temperature sensors but the controller still reads -20 deg C.
Attached is a photo of the unit. Not the best I have taken.

Thanks in advance
Ev

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_122514981.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 12
could you have wired the temp sensor the wrong way round?
i would start by attaching the sensor straight to the unit, avoiding any of the existing wiring.
if it still shows -20 then swap the 2 wires round, if it is a thermocouple it will make a difference, if it is a resistive sensor it wont.

Reply to ALFASOL 3 Solar Heating Controller in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, taken on a new build project and they have quite a large property with three separate manifolds. I have wired before with one manifold but...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views
I recently fitted a Heatmiser Neostat for a customer in their hall- to control their radiators throughout the house (70’s 4 bed medium sized...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock