Search the forum,

Discuss AM3 Tails Stuffing gland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How would you guys ensure earthing for a metal tail gland into AMD3 board; if you dont mind me asking on this thread. Would you provide a banjo and/or fly lead/nut; or scrape off the paint for lock ring ?

Use a star washer/paint cutting washer or else one of those locknuts with the little teeth on them.

Been meaning to load these for a few days I put the tails gland agenst the board to see for size. There's a 20mm stuffer and 20mm coupler just for size reference. The tails gland is massive so that is being sent back and I'm going to go for a 32mm stuffer for the tails.

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4053.JPG

But you wouldn't get 2x 16mm tails in a 20mm stuffer would you? And if the tails are 25mm?
The only issue with the bigger gland is cutting the damn hole. But the bolt up plate cutters make quick work of it.

Yes I know you wouldn't get tails in a 20mm stuffer they are just there as reference as to how big and clunky the 40mm tails gland is.

I am going to go with a 32mm stuffer for the tails as they enter from the bottom

But you wouldn't get 2x 16mm tails in a 20mm stuffer would you? And if the tails are 25mm?
The only issue with the bigger gland is cutting the damn hole. But the bolt up plate cutters make quick work of it.
How do you mean? Ive not had to cut one yet. CU's normally come with a 32mm knockout, Can use a stepdrill if you need to make it bigger for whatever reason.

Reply to AM3 Tails Stuffing gland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back