Discuss Any Non sparks done the 2391 course ?? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thanks yo every one who lent a hand

the books you recommended are very good .You cant get enough past papers to try and get a feeling for both the layout and common questions asked in the exam..

I sat the exam tonight and managed to leave an answer for each question however wrong they may be..several of the questions were the ones i feared were a bit tough as they required the knoledge of at work sparks which your ave it guy would struggle with ..

so i have already failed the practical having taken way way to long .

i guess i will have to wait a bit two or three months to see the result of the written exam tonight...

i could really use some on site time....ny one want a free hand ?

once again thanks an good luck to those who sat the exam tonight..
72-van

i guess i will have to wait a bit two or three months to see the result of the written exam tonight...

i could really use some on site time....ny one want a free hand ?

once again thanks an good luck to those who sat the exam tonight..
72-van

Sorry to hear about the practical exam. :(

Post your location in your profile and someone might PM you.:)

I am up in fife ..Scotland

make excellent coffee :)

i might try and make my own test rig so that i can go over it time and again to get my super slow time within limits ..

72-van

I would especially welcome any help to get me skilled enough to pass the 2391 exam ..any tips ideas .

i have dropped you a mail mr cumming :)

72-van

72-van,
just to let you know, I am a none spark who passed the 2391, so it is possible but hard work as you know. I did it after doing 2330 level 2 and 3 and 17th ed regs. I did it because of my interest in electrics basically. good luck

Excellent well done Knasher ..but with 2330 lvl 2 & 3 and 2391 arent you getting close to being called a spark ?

good that you managed tho :)

72-van

I believe that with some coaching i would get my time down to a sensible time within the limits required ....

i had thought on trying to assemble a test rig of my own ...

72-van

yes assemble your own test rig

or use your house to carry out pirs on

how far did you get through before they stopped you
was it on the 4th practical assesment of the 3 phase DB and the single phase ccu which is fed from the 3 phase

Unfortunately my house has no rcd\rcbo the consumer unit is aged probably 20-30 yrs old and is in a really ackward position ..

i have been looking on ebay to see if a local cheepo 3ph board comes along.

if i assemble a rig similar to the one they use at the college could i power it up using single ph only ??

72-van

72 Van, is there any way you could get hold of a tester? If so, would you be able to test your home/flat and on a regular basis? I used to be like you with testing but doing it as often as you can will remove a lot of hesitancy and give you confidence which is most of the battle. Those examiners want the right answers delivered with confidence otherwise they might think you guessed it..
Repetitive and correct practice of procedures won't be all that you need, but it helps because it'll free up your thoughts a bit on that orrible test rig. I know this from just having completed my AM2. The worst feeling as you seem to understand is trying to go in there imagining what you have to do and why.

I bought a metrel 61557 from ebay but to be honest i could use some-one to show me how to operate it properly .Its not easy to see which scale you are using etc.
The manual is only any use as a firestarter.

The metrel does work and i think i have figured out which does continiuty and which does resistance .
but its not a tool i think i will be using very often ,i only forsee me using it for fixed appliances Pat testing as per the cop rather than using my pat tester and a break out box or similar.

72-van

Sorry dont know if the test rigs are all the same however i believe they will all have roughly the same configuration of accessories .I am sure theres a post on here somewhere with a listing .
but roughly from memory
3phase board
sub main single phase consumer unit with rcd main switch
rcd protected ring mains
radial circiut for water heater
lights one way & 2way
motor 3 phase.

Reply to Any Non sparks done the 2391 course ?? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net