Discuss Anyone want to help me clear out old cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a couple of neighbours, as the development is all wired in old colours.
I am well aware that there are cowboys out there who buy this online, at quite decent prices too, but I don't want to go down that route for a couple of reasons:
1. Probably they want to use it to disguise and disclaim responsibility for shoddy work
2. I Don't want these types coming to my door, and I am not going to meet them in the pub car-park either.

I have a variety of cables, some white-sheathed, some grey...some 2.5 and some 1.5, probably about 150 or 200 metres of white and maybe 50 metres or more of grey...
I will be happy to give a more accurate estimate if required.
I also have an unopened drum, 50 meters, of 1.5 twin red and cpc, so if you really want to puzzle some folk, this is for you!

Some scrag ends of 6mm and 10mm too.
Anyway, it's far too heavy and bulky to post, so collection/delivery only within 20 ish miles of Glasgow. I know how much people pay for this stuff, but I am asking for a donation of £50 which will go to my local branch of the Men's Shed and to the RNLI.
I saw a 100m drum of white 2.5 online at £99...
Anyway, it's a giveaway for a charitable donation, so if you are interested, let me know.

Why would you want it?
Well, you could extend someone's circuits in the old colours if that's what they have, without thinking about putting those silly stickers everywhere!
I rather expect that forum members will be sensible and use it wisely.
You could strip it down for the copper.
You could put it on eBay at a lot of money, but I have a strong feeling forumites would not do that, hence this post.

Very surprised. Perhaps they think it's a trap?

1694546119874.jpeg

Are you literally giving it away @pirate ?
If so, that's very decent of you.
Give it another 24 hours, someone close by will see your post and snap it up.

Reply to Anyone want to help me clear out old cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net